You can type here any text you want

ESC Question

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

V6VegaTex

The guy I was buying the '80 ESC from just told me it's actually an '81 P/N. That means it was used with the ECU. Anyone know if it's possible to use the '81 ESC as a stand-alone without the ECU?

Thanks,
Dave

Some exported 1981 Turbo V6's didn't use an ECM. This page has some part numbers I found:
http://home.flash.net/~rjgeorge/knock.htm

If it's for an ECM, then it's also for a system that uses an ESC (computer controlled) distributor.

PS - If you don't buy it, you might want to post the contact inof for someone else to get it. :)

Anyone interested in a 1981 ESC/ECM PN 1224743, contact Alan at: EmpireNOS@aol.com I won the part on eBay, but I am unable to use it because I am running a non ECM (ESC-only) setup. Alan is a good guy and is refunding the purchase, so I am not out anything, and I am sure he would appreciate the business. Tell him Dave English referred you.

I would appreciate if anyone has a '78-80 ESC controller they are willing to sell, please contact me at: bongo52@attglobal.net

Thanks,
Dave

Back