ET by Dollars

You probably have the most beautiful GN (clearly Twin turbo gn) out there and that's your response...... That's what I like about you....you're a humble guy!
Well, I wasn't sure if spending more money on my TR's bling than most people pay for a Bugatti is something to be proud of.

But I'll take a compliment any way I can get it. ;)

This thread should be made a sticky. Great stuff.
Yes. But we aren't really answering the "ET by Dollars" question.

Instead, it's more like an exploration of the different philosophical approaches to TR performance improvements.

Did the above statement even make sense? Anyway....You know what I mean.

It's really difficult to put a dollar amount on et levels because it depends on what you are starting with. A car that's beat and needs a ton of regular maintenance just to be ready for the track will need more money just to run 13s. A car with mods may or may not be meeting the expected et goals because of tune or driver skill or undetected engine issues.

Yes. But we aren't really answering the "ET by Dollars" question.
IMO, the guys that are really fast that kept the V6s are the guys that kept graduating. Guys maxed out what they had before moving onto the next step. Hard to put a dollar amount on the knowledge you gain from that process. For me, pushing a stock long block with bolt ons was the most fun and rewarding. I remember reading Tim Stockwell’s write up in the GSXtra back in the mid 90s. He was a true pioneer, and I basically tried to follow his recipe with my GN. I ended up running 11 teens with a stock long block and trans/converter. With a better 60ft, it would have been an easy high 10 sec car. And this was all on old technology. There wasn’t billet turbos and adjustable chips back then. My brand X friends couldn’t believe how little I spent to get it there, especially with used parts and driving it to and from the track.

I agree with what's been said.
No doubt it's expensive to hot rod one of these beasts. I went down that road in the past, chasing a number with my first T-Type. Trying to be competitive in a H/U class. It was an expensive lesson to say the least. Now a days, it's best to just have fun and make realistic power, vs the Buick Turbo V6 vs the world train of thought.
This gauge pretty much sums it up.

-Patrick-

Spendometer.jpg

I agree with what's been said.
No doubt it's expensive to hot rod one of these beasts. I went down that road in the past, chasing a number with my first T-Type. Trying to be competitive in a H/U class. It was an expensive lesson to say the least. Now a days, it's best to just have fun and make realistic power, vs the Buick Turbo V6 vs the world train of thought.
This gauge pretty much sums it up.

-Patrick-

View attachment 328418
:bookworm::LOL::LOL::LOL:

Well, I wasn't sure if spending more money on my TR's bling than most people pay for a Bugatti is something to be proud of.

But I'll take a compliment any way I can get it. ;)

I know someone who has a Bugatti and I've seen it a few times. It aint a big deal.... In fact, you seen one Bugatti you seen them all.... I'll take a custom TR over it any day....