ET streets on the street

Mikel

Anyone run ET streets all the time? My GN isn't my daily driver, but I need it to be able to run on the interstate fine. I never drive it in the rain, I know they suck in the rain :p

They're awesome on dry pavement. Deathwish on wet roads. Trust me...

Unless you're really going to be needing to go for 5+ PSI launches, I'd HIGHLY recommend BFG Drag Radials. They ride beautifully, and can handle moderate street launches. I've had 2 or 3 sets of both tires on the street, and I'll never use the M/T's again [on the street]. The flimsy sidewalls make for a crappy, wavey ride.

Ride I can deal with, as long as they don't shake my fillings out, I am just worried about (relatively) high speed stability, like 70-75 on the interstate. I am considering BFG's too, but the car is really just a weekend toy, so I want as much hook as I can :D

I run bfg drag radials p-275/60r-15 on my gn I have rolled the inner lip took about 20 min. a side they dont rub even with no air in bags and two in the back seat. they ride well but have not got been in the rain yet. Turbo TC

I've been rained out at the track more than few times with my 275/60 BFG's Have even driven 60 and 90 miles in the pouring rain in two different times. As long as they are not cueball bald, you can easily maintain hwy speeds with them. Standing water in the road will cause a little bit of hydroplaning, but the car NEVER wanted to swap ends.

Nittos would be better for rain, but until they actually make a 275/60, I'm sticking with BFG's.

UNGN
Nitto lists 257x60 on their website. I was very happy with them on a daily driver, even in the rain. With my basically stock setup (turbo & cam), I could not spin them on dry pavement.
I did go to a 295x50 Toyo due to the daily driving causing the Nittos to wear out too fast (probably the steady 90mph on the xpressway).

Originally posted by Roger
UNGN
Nitto lists 275x60 on their website

Their website has had them listed for 6 months and they've been talking about them for the last 16 months+. So far, No tires.

If Nittos is ristening, I'll gradly be the beta tester for the first set of 275/60's that come out of the presses. I won't hold my breath.