Et Update

fc227

1986 Grand National
Hi Everyone,

I finally made a 12 second pass today (corrected to sea level) I ran a 13.20 @100.12 , at a effective attitude of 1600' , which corrected out to a 12.967 @101.38 MPH .

19 to 20 #'s of boost , Alky on light (.018 NOS jet) @ 18 # , methanol.
On C16 fuel.

Thank you everyone.

Next STEP is to do some more "mod's" to the hood scoop and pan; I going to stack the air filter elements so I can get the filters right into the scoop area. Help it breathe a little more.

I have to play with the alky so I can do this on pump gas, My fear is the pump "crapping" out in the middle of a run, and I will have to replace head gaskets again. :)

It been a long, long road to get here (almost 10 years) of tweaking, four engines later, and allot of what not to do. :)

I have been think of NOS, but I do want people thinking that the performance is coming from the bottle instead of the engine & tuner.

I want to thank everyone who has giving me advise over the years.

I also want to thank Rich for contacting me and joining up with the great group of people.

Another bump for some good info. Good times Fred but I wish you had more data laying around for us to see. LOL

That's awesome. Great runs.
I have got to get my car to the track, Now I'm feeling left out. :(

I finally made a 12 second pass today (corrected to sea level) I ran a 13.20 @100.12 , at a effective attitude of 1600' , which corrected out to a 12.967 @101.38 MPH .

19 to 20 #'s of boost , Alky on light (.018 NOS jet) @ 18 # , methanol.
On C16 fuel.

Are you running a 86 Grand National or a draw thru turbo car?:confused:

The 13.20 pass was with the OLDS. That is a HD 1979 block , and that long block is in the GN right now. Best ET with the GN is a 12.08 @ 109.71 , best MPH was 111.07.

I believe that 12.08 pass with one or two more pounds of boost would have been a 11 second pass . The Converter in the GN is too loose , It should be running high to mid high 11’s

That's exactly why I brought it back up guys. Fred did fantastic and I just know we can make them faster.

the only way for all of our car to run this fast is to post lots of pics and everything you did to the car. i really want to see the motor of the cars that are running 12's. im working on my car to try to get there but im waiting on some parts for my 301.

the only way for all of our car to run this fast is to post lots of pics and everything you did to the car. i really want to see the motor of the cars that are running 12's. im working on my car to try to get there but im waiting on some parts for my 301.

no pics for me until I securly crack 10s.

and there right around the corner.

A.j.

Wasn't that your recipe on gnttype.org Fred? I used to read over that alot when I was still driving my 83.

Yes, but there where several mod's since that posting.

If you can find them again, would you mind posting a link Fred. It may not be the most recent but it should help some. Thanks

be a sport your one of the fast cars here.

Trust me. Getting anything out of Aj but minor info is like pulling teeth. Until he's done you aint getting anything.:redface: