You can type here any text you want

Ever encounter a wolf?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Ran into many living up North. I find the the ones in the south much smaller. My cousin shot an Artic Wolf, it was huge weighed about 175-180 lbs. Wolves use to come into town and eat everyone's dog. My buddy let his pit bull out and when he opened the door in the morning just the skull remained. They usually don't harm people unless they are really hungry. Here's a pic of a buddy's dog that is half wolf.

Half wolf? I guess they don't eat all the dogs then :D

Have not seen one in the wild but did see there footprints while hiking last month. Friends where cross country skiing this past winter up in north MN by the canuk border and when the finished their loop which was a partial backtrack they saw wolfprints where they were being followed/tracked!!!

we have a hybrid as well he is a beast 180lbs getting older now so he has calmed down but he was a handful when he was younger. 6' fence was not enough to keep him contained he would leap up and pull himself over. Its funny how some dogs react to him they either try to intimidate him (not usually a good idea) or tuck there tail and lay back there ears in a totally submissive display.

Indiana is full of coyotes and in the counties were there was extreme over population the state would pay $15 per coyote pelt. They were causing a lot of problems with livestock. When a coyote is hungry they will become very aggressive but they still avoid humans.

Indiana is full of coyotes and in the counties were there was extreme over population the state would pay $15 per coyote pelt. They were causing a lot of problems with livestock. When a coyote is hungry they will become very aggressive but they still avoid humans.

Its like that here in new mexico. this morning as a matter of fact i had to clean up my trash area cause the coyotes had ripped the bags open and spread it around.

we have a hybrid as well he is a beast 180lbs getting older now so he has calmed down but he was a handful when he was younger. 6' fence was not enough to keep him contained he would leap up and pull himself over. Its funny how some dogs react to him they either try to intimidate him (not usually a good idea) or tuck there tail and lay back there ears in a totally submissive display.

Sounds like a nice animal, post up some pics!

Sounds like a nice animal, post up some pics!

484085_263831473723196_350668098_n.jpg

The only wolf I've ever seen was the one my first wife ran off with.....:rolleyes:

Bruce '87 Grand National

We were skiing in Jasper National Park in the Canadian Rockies and driving back down the mountain when we came across this bad boy. There was a long line of cars heading down the resort road and he wasn't intimidated by any of them.

There was a Honda Civic a few cars ahead and when the wolf wandered over and looked down into the car it really hit home how big these animals are. I had never seen one in the wild before, I wish I had gotten my camera out sooner.

Attachments

• 100_1168.jpg
    100_1168.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 42
  • 100_1169.jpg
    100_1169.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 40
About seven years ago I was taking out my garbage, When I walked out past my house I seen this big azz dog in my front yard and it started growling at me.I threw my garbage can at it and ran to the back door. It looked like a wolf so I called animal control and told them I think theres a wolf in my back yard and the lady laughed. I gave her my address and she stopped laughing.
I guess others had called and said the same thing. I talked to one of buddies thats a cop where I live and he said the caught it in the forest preserve. They did not kill it he said. they knocked it out and took it to a animal conservatory.They said someone let it go there. I live in a suburb of chicago so I should not see any wolfs. Being by the forest preserve we see coyote,fox,deer and boatload of coons and turtles

Back