Everyone Please Read! Policy Notice On TB!

SGRIM

Owner/Admin TB.com
Staff member
I am going to ask all of you guys to help me with something.

We have several guys selling products here under the radar. It has costs us at least one GREAT vendor and I honestly can't blame him...

We have guys selling everything from Air Fresheners, T-Shirts, stickers, downpipes, radiators, rods, pistons, cranks, etc... All under the guise of normal members "just" sharing a hobby with others... Whether you believe it or not these guys make just as much or more money then vendors sometimes for several reasons. Main one that concerns me is selling products on TB without paying advertisement fees!!

Again I am not in this for the money, if so I would have been sold out... It is about a level playing field. It is not fair that some vendors pay johnny on the spot and appreciate paying the dues here because they appreciate the members supporting them... Some of these guys work on tight budgets. All of them are having a tough time right now I imagine... It isn't like the TR economy is unaffected by the times...

You may save a little money going a different route but in the mean time you hurt the guys that put the research and money back into the sport to bring us what we all love...

So I am asking to please check out our vendor list regularly and see who is sponsoring the site. Also look for the BLUE HIGHLIGHTED NAMES, dead giveaway for a site sponsor!!! Help these guys out as they help keep this place going. It doesn't run for free...

I am not trying to be hard to get along with but right is right and wrong is wrong.

If you see people posting several products, ie multiples of the same type stuff like a vendor would, please contact me or other admin. Same goes for the backdoor PM salesman.

All I am asking is to be fair and support the people that make the TR world go around...

The other alternative is to charge no vendor fees and charge membership fees. Who would you rather have pay for this, the vendors or you?

Hi,
Well put! I understand the economics of this situation and respect the job you are doing in maintaining this website.Thanks alot!
Dale

FWIW, I personally have bought all my Buick specific goodies from listed vendors. Wait, does a used turbo heat shield count?

x3 I have been buying parts for my GN strickly from this board. Today I ordered parts over 1k for my car just off the vendors on this site.I did it because I am in business for myself and I support those who support me!! This is really the only way to do business right. Thanks and I support the way you handled this.

A Well Put Statement for Sure. I have bought some parts from private members only and mostly they were honest in their deals. I haven't or won't purchase anything from anyone else, just recoginized Supporting Vendors. My promise to this Board Supporting Vendors. MHO Gene

hey im all for buying from vendors i mean its not like we have honda civics..... keeping our cars nice they go up in value not down..... i dont put used parts on my car have gotten burned too many times..

Thanks for the message Shane, will keep an eye out for things like that going on. Anyone with any sense can recognize this site is not maintained for free and how important our vendors are to the community. There are a few guys out there that I know of working on very limited capital who are die hard buick guys trying everything they can to make our community a better place. Let's try to help keep those guys going!!!

I personally have no problem with a requirement to pay membership dues to be able to post on this board , and maybe restrict certain areas to members only ;and lessen the load on the vendors.They are all valuable assets to maintaining these female(high maintenance) cars and times are tough. It also might weed out some unscrupulous types trolling for opportunities.There is a lot of knowledge available here and can/will/has saved me more than a membership cost ($20,30,40..whatever it needs to be), over buying /swapping parts blindly .I appreciate the support available here,thanks. Harold

this is my first post. i bought an 85 gn in '08 when i graduated college. my dad let me store it in his garage until i got settled with my wife and job. for 2 years i read the posts, gaining knowledge about my hot air, and just now joined the site. i don't know as much about cars as my father, but the first thing i knew i wanted to do was refresh the suspension.

i bought all new front/rear control arms, bushings, springs, shocks, steering arms, rotors, calipers, powermaster...all from Gbodyparts because they are a sponsor on the forum, and members had nothing but positive things to say. i bothered them almost everyday with questions, and brian and his crew helped me no problem. with exception of the alignment and powermaster my dad and i installed everything ourselves and the car handles like a dream.

thank you to the vendors that support this site. the next part of my project is the powerplant. and guess which vendors i plan on using? - the vendors on this site...THANKS!:)

My opinion is are these person or persons consistently selling products on this site or they selling parts on a one time basis? Consistent selling the they should be charged a vendors tax based on the products sold and price charged? Hence a Consumer Tax based on the products sold? A flat tax for everything sold on this site except Vendors as they already pay for the use of the site to sell their products? A fair way for everyone and including the Vendors? IMHO Maybe this is already proposed? Gene

wow
you are totally right. it's not the problem of money, but about the qualification.
some of my friends like shopping online, most of them think it can save a lot money. how do you think?:biggrin:

I am going to ask all of you guys to help me with something.

We have several guys selling products here under the radar. It has costs us at least one GREAT vendor and I honestly can't blame him...

We have guys selling everything from Air Fresheners, T-Shirts, stickers, downpipes, radiators, rods, pistons, cranks, etc... All under the guise of normal members "just" sharing a hobby with others... Whether you believe it or not these guys make just as much or more money then vendors sometimes for several reasons. Main one that concerns me is selling products on TB without paying advertisement fees!!

Again I am not in this for the money, if so I would have been sold out... It is about a level playing field. It is not fair that some vendors pay johnny on the spot and appreciate paying the dues here because they appreciate the members supporting them... Some of these guys work on tight budgets. All of them are having a tough time right now I imagine... It isn't like the TR economy is unaffected by the times...

You may save a little money going a different route but in the mean time you hurt the guys that put the research and money back into the sport to bring us what we all love...

So I am asking to please check out our vendor list regularly and see who is sponsoring the site. Also look for the BLUE HIGHLIGHTED NAMES, dead giveaway for a site sponsor!!! Help these guys out as they help keep this place going. It doesn't run for free...

I am not trying to be hard to get along with but right is right and wrong is wrong.

If you see people posting several products, ie multiples of the same type stuff like a vendor would, please contact me or other admin. Same goes for the backdoor PM salesman.

All I am asking is to be fair and support the people that make the TR world go around...

The other alternative is to charge no vendor fees and charge membership fees. Who would you rather have pay for this, the vendors or you
?

You are totally right, nothing is free, someone is paying for it one way or another. The problem I have with vendors is there are too many good, respectable vendors who not only sells Buick products are also willing to help you with any questions you might have. So far I have deal with three major vendors, all three have been there for me and answer my unknown questions, just like this great TurboBuick site. Besides, where else can you go online, without having to travel, and ask your TB questions, and within the same day you receive a responses. Like everyone I hope all of TB runs great without any failure, but it happens, I will continue to purchase from this site vendors. Thank You, Julio

Either way...

I am in for what ever needs to be done to help. I order from all the vendors whenever I need something. I also list parts for sale when I replace them with new or upgraded parts. My question is about the vendors we dont have on the board. I needed a waterpump for my engine just this weekend. I was told NOS4GN had them. I went looking for the link, but its not on the home page. Is it somewhere else and I am missing it, or is he not a supporting vendor? There are others too. If a small membership fee is the way to help get the small vendor get on the board, make the call and I am in, no matter what. This sight is a "must have" if you own one of these cars, for parts, and more so for help. There are hundreds of us that visit this sight EVERYDAY for something. I do not think I could go without it.

Thanks
Coach

The MAIN SUPPORTING VENDORS are on the home page. They are also on the main forum page and at the bottom of that list is a link that says Supporting Vendors with the list of the additional Sub Vendors. Price difference between the two packages.

The easy way to tell is to look at the Vendors user name on the board, if it is BLUE they ARE a vendor! If not they are not...

I am in for what ever needs to be done to help. I order from all the vendors whenever I need something. I also list parts for sale when I replace them with new or upgraded parts. My question is about the vendors we dont have on the board. I needed a waterpump for my engine just this weekend. I was told NOS4GN had them. I went looking for the link, but its not on the home page. Is it somewhere else and I am missing it, or is he not a supporting vendor? There are others too. If a small membership fee is the way to help get the small vendor get on the board, make the call and I am in, no matter what. This sight is a "must have" if you own one of these cars, for parts, and more so for help. There are hundreds of us that visit this sight EVERYDAY for something. I do not think I could go without it.

Thanks
Coach

Hello Coach,

Yes, as Shane mentioned we are a supporting vendor on this board and can be found on the 2nd page.

To clear up any confusion:

many customers know us as: NOS4GN and the website address is: www.nos4gn.com (nos4gn is a division of Highway Stars),
ALTHOUGH, the actual name of our company is: Highway Stars.

Our link for Buick Turbo Regal/Grand National parts can be found on the 2nd page of this website under: Highway Stars

Our 2nd website will be under the website address: www.highwaystars.org

Hope this clears up any confusion

Hello Coach,

Yes, as Shane mentioned we are a supporting vendor on this board and can be found on the 2nd page.

To clear up any confusion:

many customers know us as: NOS4GN and the website address is: www.nos4gn.com (nos4gn is a division of Highway Stars),
ALTHOUGH, the actual name of our company is: Highway Stars.

Our link for Buick Turbo Regal/Grand National parts can be found on the 2nd page of this website under: Highway Stars

Our 2nd website will be under the website address: www.highwaystars.org

Hope this clears up any confusion

Im good. Got the e-mail saying my pump was shipped. I love this sight and will help any way I can. HIGHWAY STARS...the HOT girls at BPG...I got it now.