Everyone Please Read! Policy Notice On TB!

SGRIM

Owner/Admin TB.com
Staff member
I am going to ask all of you guys to help me with something.

We have several guys selling products here under the radar. It has costs us at least one GREAT vendor and I honestly can't blame him...

We have guys selling everything from Air Fresheners, T-Shirts, stickers, downpipes, radiators, rods, pistons, cranks, etc... All under the guise of normal members "just" sharing a hobby with others... Whether you believe it or not these guys make just as much or more money then vendors sometimes for several reasons. Main one that concerns me is selling products on TB without paying advertisement fees!!

Again I am not in this for the money, if so I would have been sold out... It is about a level playing field. It is not fair that some vendors pay johnny on the spot and appreciate paying the dues here because they appreciate the members supporting them... Some of these guys work on tight budgets. All of them are having a tough time right now I imagine... It isn't like the TR economy is unaffected by the times...

You may save a little money going a different route but in the mean time you hurt the guys that put the research and money back into the sport to bring us what we all love...

So I am asking to please check out our vendor list regularly and see who is sponsoring the site. Also look for the BLUE HIGHLIGHTED NAMES, dead giveaway for a site sponsor!!! Help these guys out as they help keep this place going. It doesn't run for free...

I am not trying to be hard to get along with but right is right and wrong is wrong.

If you see people posting several products, ie multiples of the same type stuff like a vendor would, please contact me or other admin. Same goes for the backdoor PM salesman.

All I am asking is to be fair and support the people that make the TR world go around...

The other alternative is to charge no vendor fees and charge membership fees. Who would you rather have pay for this, the vendors or you?

We have several guys selling products here under the radar. It has costs us at least one GREAT vendor and I honestly can't blame him...

We have guys selling everything from Air Fresheners, T-Shirts, stickers, downpipes, radiators, rods, pistons, cranks, etc... All under the guise of normal members "just" sharing a hobby with others... Whether you believe it or not these guys make just as much or more money then vendors sometimes for several reasons. Main one that concerns me is selling products on TB without paying advertisement fees!!

Again I am not in this for the money, if so I would have been sold out... It is about a level playing field. It is not fair that some vendors pay johnny on the spot and appreciate paying the dues here because they appreciate the members supporting them... Some of these guys work on tight budgets. All of them are having a tough time right now I imagine... It isn't like the TR economy is unaffected by the times...

You may save a little money going a different route but in the mean time you hurt the guys that put the research and money back into the sport to bring us what we all love...

So I am asking to please check out our vendor list regularly and see who is sponsoring the site. Also look for the BLUE HIGHLIGHTED NAMES, dead giveaway for a site sponsor!!! Help these guys out as they help keep this place going. It doesn't run for free...

I am not trying to be hard to get along with but right is right and wrong is wrong.

If you see people posting several products, ie multiples of the same type stuff like a vendor would, please contact me or other admin. Same goes for the backdoor PM salesman.

All I am asking is to be fair and support the people that make the TR world go around...

The other alternative is to charge no vendor fees and charge membership fees. Who would you rather have pay for this, the vendors or you?
mmm

i agree but i can save you money on certain items because i have set up turbo buick accounts at various parts stores. so if anyone is in my area i am not in it for the money but to help out a fellow friend,hit me up if you need any parts from pepboys or advance i can save you money.i will tell you how to get it yourself at a discount just send a pm. sometimes you need a part in a hurry for those who can wait use full throttle i use them A LOT... i love them..

Out of curiosity what do you think a "membership" fee would be? Would a membership fee stop spammers?

This would be a good way to thin out all the members who frequent this board by at least half or more..

I would have to disagree with the fee part. How is it fair to only make vender's pay? I would be willing to spare 5 to 10 bucks to help out the site.

I know I am new I don't wish to start any problems, but these are small buissness owners. Now I also don't know how much they pay ether.

Yes, a membership fee of mabey 10.00 - 15.00 would not break anyone.....This forum has saved me alot of money by buying the correct parts and not wasting it on something that won't work.

Yes, a membership fee of mabey 10.00 - 15.00 would not break anyone.....This forum has saved me alot of money by buying the correct parts and not wasting it on something that won't work.
If there was a fee we would loose alot of folks on here who would go to a free forum. Then this forum wouldn't be as great as it is today, Forums typically thrive cause they are a free resource. If vendors are making money with a collective and specialized audience for their products it's probably worth the fee to sell here.

Sent from my HTC Sensation

Amen

sounds fare to me

@SGRIM Maybe set up a paypal.me link or a page somewhere on the site that members feeling generous can voluntarily use to contribute whatever they want to turbobuick.com. Or even something like a way for member to pay a small subscription fee for an ad-free turbobuick.com experience. Not sure what all that would entail tho but I love this site. I come here all the time and have learned so much valuable info from here. It crossed my mind one time when the ad blocker blocker page popped up on me one day. I mean I still get the banners at the top of the page and have spent thousands of dollars with vendors that I found here so I don't feel like I've cheated anyone.

I don't know. It may or may not be your style or fit in with how ya'll run business but it's just an idea. Here's an example of what I'm talking about. https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate/ I've got a revolving couple of bucks I send to them every month thru paypal as appreciation for keeping up with their badass software which they share totally free, ad-free, junk-free, completely, absolutely free. It's my primary source of how I watch movies and tv so I shoot them what I can because I don't ever want see it go. Anyway, I know this is an old ass thread but turbobuick.com is another thing that I hope never fizzles out...Also, I miss the app ;)

Edit: Patreon seems to be another service that some small sites and podcasters I follow are using to try to supplement the income loss caused by many of the changes to how search engines work and of course the rise of ad blockers

Last edited:
I would have to disagree with the fee part. How is it fair to only make vender's pay? I would be willing to spare 5 to 10 bucks to help out the site.

I know I am new I don't wish to start any problems, but these are small buissness owners. Now I also don't know how much they pay ether.
I would too but some guys are cheap.

Hey if a vendor backs up their stuff, and is willing to help you and isn't an asshole I support them. Oh yeah and IF something needs legit warranty they BACK YOU. I've been lucky, but I know guys who got stiffed by their vendor. A lot of you guys know who these guys are too. So ALL I care about is that we have SOLID vendors on here.