Exhaust help choose....

kraus

Ok i have a 3 inch torque tech exhaust right now in my gn with flow master mufflers.My brother is intreasted in buying it for his car,and i was thinking of ditching it anyway,came on car don't like the flowmaster drone....So What exhaust is going to be the best with combo below.

i have looked at all these so far which will be the best...

G body parts

GBodyParts.com Online

GBodyParts.com Online

RJC

3" exhaust

Cottons 3 inch dual and single

Buick Grand National, Exhaust Systems | Cotton's Performance Buick Grand National Parts & Service

They would all work well. I have the Hooker system just because it came on the car when I bought it. For ease of install, I'd go with a single shot system. It all really boils down to how much you want to shell out.

They would all work well. I have the Hooker system just because it came on the car when I bought it. For ease of install, I'd go with a single shot system. It all really boils down to how much you want to shell out.

i spent 5 grand in last week on new turbo,ck stage 2 trans ,rear h and r bar converter,price not a worry...LOL

I feel ya'. I just dropped a grand last night on new headers, $700 last week on a new turbo. Ahh, it never ends does it?!

#1- get rid of the flowmaster mufflers!

I have the cotton's stainless dual- 2.5 inch system w/Magnaflow ss mufflers. Very nice system...but I think it's too quiet. This Spring I'm going to get the RJC crossflow system. I always wanted the ATR one...but they went out of business before I could buy.

Buy the 3 inch system from TR Custom parts. I mounted it by myself from downpipe back in about 3 hours. 1 hour was spent modifying the cat hanger to fit the bigger throat of the new test pipe. By another cat mount if you wish and save your other. Use the supplied gasket as a template and just use a bench grinder. Sounds great and looks better than any on the market.
Just my 2 cents.

Coach

I have the same 3" Torque tech system on my TR, but am running DynoMax Race Magnum bullets (along with TT's adapter part# MFO30) instead of flowmasters. No drone & they're a straight through design so no restriction either.

I can't comment on the others, but I have the 2.5 SS Cotton's system....fits right, sounds good, looks good....as much as I drive it, I didn't want to buy a new system every couple years

cat hanger don't have one of them,cat don't have that either..lol I like the way the rjc one looks,does anyone have pics of the single shot installed,or of the other system mentioned.Cuz i know my torque tech dual the tail pipes hit the axle once in awhile cuz there are rub marks on the pipes.And i know it the mufflers and tailpipes are really close to my h and r bar brackets and links that go to the frame. So i was thinking rjc or single shot,but not a definite on either....

i dont have a cat on mine anymore, and granted it was on a lift, but mine went on in about 15 minutes and hits nothing

I have Pitbulls & a crossflow Magnaflow & an electric cutout riggd to open automatically with boost - works manually also.

Buicks should be quiet, after all they are a luxury car.

Single shot 3.5" with a borla xr-1. Very clean sound! The exhaust was made by a local shop, guy charged 300 and I had to provide muffler.

Also running a 3.5" single shot made by myself using pipe and u bends from Jegs and a magnaflow race oval muffler. Sounds aggressive at wot and not too bad at cruising speeds and weighs 1/2 what the old hooker system I was running did.

Yea I hear those flowmaster chamber mufflers are no good.
But Flowmaster does make a straight through oval called the OUTLAW, and
it doesn't have packing in it so it will last longer imho.

v8/1bad any sound clips I can't decide between a single 3.5" over axle or a dual 3.5" with dumps before the axle (and if its too loud extend over axel later).