Exhaust housing question?

Boostisgood

I am currently running a t-70bb turbo with a p-trim wheel and a .63 exhaust housing. My turbo is going to be rebuilt due to bad seal and bearing which is why i am considering going to a bigger exhaust housing (.82-.85) for more mph! I am wondering how much slower the spool will be and if my mph will actually increase. Ran the car 4 times.....best time resulted in a 11.90 @ 115.8 w/ 20psi w/ a 1.81 60'.

Your best track time seems a little off. The 60 ft. says you are still having a hard time spooling with the .63 housing you have now or something is off. You should be mid 11's or faster on 20 PSI. The housings aren't real expensive so if you want to pick one up to swap at some point go for it! How much to do a seal and bearing replacement in one of those turbos? I bet not cheap huh?

Actually our track just sucks real bad! It actually spun about 30'. Yes i agree with you, my car should run stronger than it does. I think the turbo seal was bad the whole time because if i ever let it idle for too long it would start smoking out the exhaust. Plus i have never tuned much on it! As far as $, i believe the place i bought the turbo from is going to warantee it. But the car spools very quickly! As fast as my old PT-54 with the same 3200 convertor.

you have a long long way to go before you need to step up on housings

I have a lil garret 63 housing and running 126-127 mph at 23# boost. and thats out of tune

I'd guess that at 20# it would still trap 123-124 mph

I've never used that turbo,but from what guys who've used it have told me,the >82 will be a little laggy compared to what you've got now.
I'm curious,from your sig it looks like you're running 50#'s with that turbo.
That sounds awfully brave.
You planning on going to 72's and a modded computer or Felpro?

yes i plan to upgrade injectors and fuel management system fairly soon. I am just trying to find and fix any weaknesses in my combo. I havent run more than 20psi in fear of leaning it out. But i cannot seem to get more than 116 mph. God knows i am not the best at tuning. Is there anyone in the Phoenix AZ area that does good tuning on turbo buicks?

if you are gonna be in town, there are several of us that would be willing to help you go faster:)

just let me know when you are coming

Thanks AZGN, ill be in town the 12th through the 15th of this month, but i have already sent the 70 turbo back to be checked out. I put a stock turbo back on the car until i get the turbo back. With this said, im not sure tuning on the stock turbo would be worth it? But i would like to meet up with you and have you take a look at my current setup to see what you think. Ideas and such!