You can type here any text you want

exhaust manifold gasket??

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

GMV6TURBOPOWER

my 89 tta had exhaust manifold gasket on it that was shot. where these suppose to have gaskets on them at all? i know the 3 turbo t's i have worked on never did.should i just use some high temp copper rtv sealer? thanks for the advice

Mine had gaskets when I bought it, but they where bad. I ordered new ones and manages to blow them within a month. After that I talked to John Pearcy and he recommend to use coppersealer instead. This worked great, didn´t have any problems in 3 months (then I blew the HG´s).

Originally posted by GMV6TURBOPOWER
my 89 tta had exhaust manifold gasket on it that was shot. where these suppose to have gaskets on them at all? i know the 3 turbo t's i have worked on never did.should i just use some high temp copper rtv sealer? thanks for the advice

The GSCA has header gaskets for the TTA. I advise using gaskets, exaust leaks are not good and if those headers have been seperated from the heads, they will leak.

James - you around the next couple of weekends? Would like to see the cars if you are. Let me know - E. Hampton is only 10 minutes away.

Back