You can type here any text you want

exhaust port not matchingup to header

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

workingdan

Hey guys, I am putting my motor back togeather and noticed th my exhaust gasket and poston header dont match up to the exhaust port on 1 cyl. of my GN1 alm. head. Has anyone seen this before? I had an exhaust leak and now I know were its coming from. Now how to fix it??

I was thinking of doing that. What headers work the best?

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

W the gn1s you will still need to do some notching/grinding on most headers even the ta ones. Theres a tbread recently about that

Here is a pic. Had a bad exhaust leak on this cylinder

Attachments

• 1385131898726.jpg
    1385131898726.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 211
Here is a pic. Had a bad exhaust leak on this cylinder

I just installed TA stock replacement headers with Rem Flex gaskets on ported GN1's heads and the alignment was awesome. My only complaint was some weld material left in the front of #2 runner and the lack of spark plug socket clearance for cylinders #2 & #4. Use a stone and tootsie roll to make your tool clearance. Once I got through those issues (coated them) I was convinced that they would definitely carry me into the 10's.

Once I got through those issues (coated them) I was convinced that they would definitely carry me into the 10's.

Stock manifolds will go in the tens.

Ya Ive read that but I dont have the stock manifolds so I want some good fitting replacments.

if the manifold and gasket match , bolt hole look right ,why is the exhaust off to one side? I don't see a header issue

Thats why I posted this. The bolt holes line up great but the port is off. Anyone seen this before? Because the port is shifted the header leaked. Not enough surface to seal it.

hello; I have seen gaskets not lining up properly in other situations other than TB but all that took was a little trimming of the gasket to make it work. You can't do that and your gaskets look hi quality but even quality stuff gets messed up in production. I see you have alum. heads and the same goes for that. Unless you have the gaskets reverced there's a problem. I try something simply as buying some new gaskets and see what happens. I'd also call GN1 and tell them what's happenin.
goodluck
IBBY

Back