Exhaust - tailpipes only....

Tori

I've got a half-assed dual system (cat back) that i need to replace. They aren't bent correctly, and rub on the rear axle.
I was considering the Pypes system, but don't really need the mufflers. Also, is the Pypes cat back system all one piece? Or does it come in sections ?

Anyone care to recommend any 2.5" tailpipes ? Looking for stock type that exit under the quarters.

I've been reading past threads on exhaust, but many are years old. What else is out there ?

If you reach out to Nick he will get you a very good deal on a Pypes system shipped to your door. And you will be happy. One suggestion: install it with band clamps - removal needs later will be easy versus using u-bolt clamps. I installed mine on my back and it was not that bad. Just a few hours work. Hardest part was making sure I got the tailpipes even and the system reasonably level.

Thanks guys, i'll contact Pypes again and give them that part number. I already emailed them this morning and was told by Joe that they could not help me.

Who is Nick ?

Get the 4 inch from rjc, don't put any cat or mufflers on it, straight out the back. Now you have something.

Thanks guys, i'll contact Pypes again and give them that part number. I already emailed them this morning and was told by Joe that they could not help me.

Who is Nick ?
Nick Micale, Arizona GN. Or try Kirban, he's local to PYPES I believe and has a decent price. Maybe he could get you just the tails.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Neither of the two nearby shops have a mandrel tube bender.
That is a issue we have all dealt with at one time. From my experience the flow issue is very, very minimum if the angle of the bend is not drastic. Good luck.

Tori I don't know where your located, but a good quality muffler shop should be close by . I found that midas are a little expensive but do good work.
I replaced my exhaust system from Cat back with a new Magnaflow converter an flow master muffler at a quality Mom An Pop Shop an they did
an excellent job ,all the correct bends identical to factory spec.All for $550.00 . most of the small shops love working on our cars and take pride
in the work. Good Luck My Buick Friend !

Tori I don't know where your located, but a good quality muffler shop should be close by . I found that midas are a little expensive but do good work.
I replaced my exhaust system from Cat back with a new Magnaflow converter an flow master muffler at a quality Mom An Pop Shop an they did an excellent job ,all the correct bends identical to factory spec.All for $550.00 . most of the small shops love working on our cars and take pride in the work. Good Luck My Buick Friend !
;)

The last time I had exhaust work done was by a shop I had used for over 20yrs with great success. Last time I asked them for some help I brought them a homemade pizza, $0 dollars spent. Making connections and being honest will be beneficial in the long run or can have a major discount. :)

kirbann 2 cents worth

We have the Pypes exhaust system on Christmas special. Even under normal circumstances we have probably the best price as I personally pick up our shipments from Pypes. I have known the owner for almost 30 years since he was in the GTO business (actually bought my GTO business few years back)
They come prepackaged complete we don;t sell just sections. For good reason chances are slim parts wold fit whatever system you got....every
company exhaust system can be slightly different and you got every turbo buick sitting on the frame crooked.

With that said its a bit of a job to get things lined up perfectly.

Its a 60lb over sized box so wherever you buy it check the shipping charges they can run $65 to $75 on top of the quote price....we stock them....99% of the time as we move a lot of them.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Nick Micale, Arizona GN. Or try Kirban, he's local to PYPES I believe and has a decent price. Maybe he could get you just the tails.

Thanks, i talked with Dennis this morning about his Pypes kit that is currently on Christmas special. While he did mention they were across town, he didn't offer to try to find me just the tails (which i asked about) I found just the tails on the Pypes website with the SGG550 part number, but they are still $335 plus shipping. I can buy the whole system for $389 right now from Dennis shipped. So, i might as well go with the whole system.

I'll give Nick a call tomorrow though.

;)

The last time I had exhaust work done was by a shop I had used for over 20yrs with great success. Last time I asked them for some help I brought them a homemade pizza, $0 dollars spent. Making connections and being honest will be beneficial in the long run or can have a major discount. :)

I hear that. I run a large auto shop, and have connections all over town that do come in handy. I've already had my guys across town try to make the current pipes i have clear the axle,... but being a system that was probably built by a regular muffler shop, they are sh!t to put it nicely. It's almost rubbed thru the axle tube on one side !!! I've decided there is just no fixing this junk, and to start fresh. I want a perfectly mandrel bent system. Just want to do it right, and as best as possible.

I hear that. I run a large auto shop, and have connections all over town that do come in handy. I've already had my guys across town try to make the current pipes i have clear the axle,... but being a system that was probably built by a regular muffler shop, they are sh!t to put it nicely. It's almost rubbed thru the axle tube on one side !!! I've decided there is just no fixing this junk, and to start fresh. I want a perfectly mandrel bent system. Just want to do it right, and as best as possible.
I hear ya brother and I am certain you will find your system, best of luck and Happy Thanksgiving. :)

Just as Dennis said, get the whole system so you know everything is going to fit and work together. I have that system which I bought directly from Kirban's at their open house 2 years ago. If you want to use different mufflers as some people do, you have to make sure they are the same size and orientation.

Called Nick, goes straight to a full voice mail. Sent him an email....

Emailed back to Pypes with the part number for the pipes only system (SGG550) asking what changed from yesterday (they told me yesterday they didn't have the tailpipes) His response was that the system includes the cat back portion too. LOL I guess my statement of " i don't need the mufflers" didn't mean anything. Great "NO SERVICE"

Now i don't even want to buy the Pypes system just based off dealing with this lazy employee. I'm sure i will though since they seem to be the only option.

There is a difference between tailpipe only, and no mufflers. I don't know if I would get bent out of shape over that. Seems like a misunderstanding based on the wording of the question. System is good quality for the money.

I hear what your saying, but anyone that knows their product line would have also suggested this other kit. Afterall, the members here on the forum did.

That said, i just got an email back from Nick requesting to give him a call back. Had a nice conversation with him and have a system on the way. He was a great guy to talk with and i'm happy to give him my business. Thanks for the recommendation to him.

Nick is a great guy to deal with. What did you end up buy? Pypes?