Expert evaluation please...

RobsIron

Silent but Violent
Checking through the threads I saw a lot of 'experienced evaluations' on some topics. Thought I'd ask about my car.

476 rwhp at 19lbs of boost. Guesstimate of hp at 26lbs?

Car weighs 3100 lbs. What rwhp needed to hit high nines?

Thanks.

More input need more input........:biggrin:

Remember just a guesstimate.

20 over 231, Ported irons 177/150, 9.2 to 1, 218/485 comp cam, 70mm TB, 55lb inj, TE-63e turbo, front mount, 3'' down to 3" dual exhaust.

Rough guestimate is that you'll get between 10-15 horsepower per pound of boost. So with another 7lbs of boost you're probably looking at another 100 horsepower. Putting you in the 575-600 hp range. with a 3100 lb car you'd be pretty close to the 9s. By most of the HP calculators out there, that puts you at a 10.05 at 135+ mph

Rough guestimate is that you'll get between 10-15 horsepower per pound of boost. So with another 7lbs of boost you're probably looking at another 100 horsepower. Putting you in the 575-600 hp range. with a 3100 lb car you'd be pretty close to the 9s. By most of the HP calculators out there, that puts you at a 10.05 at 135+ mph

Sounds about right. I had been thinking at non kill mode..about 23lbs and some sticky drag radials it would go 10.30's.

I did leave out the one time it ran @ 19psi it spun the street tires to mid track and then blew a head gasket at a 1000' and coasted to a 12.08 @ 122.7 mph.

Thats some serious MPH you think?

Man I need to get this heep to the track! :p

I had a situation on the other end of the track,. Launch was decent 1.7 60ft 1/8th was a low low 7 but I over powered the Convertor and it stopped pulling just before the 1/8th

I coasted to a 12.01 @ 92 mph

this was also at 19 psi and it spun a bit off the line.
Launched at 12 psi.

:biggrin:

Sounds about right. I had been thinking at non kill mode..about 23lbs and some sticky drag radials it would go 10.30's.

I did leave out the one time it ran @ 19psi it spun the street tires to mid track and then blew a head gasket at a 1000' and coasted to a 12.08 @ 122.7 mph.

Thats some serious MPH you think?

Man I need to get this heep to the track! :p

running 10s is attainable .. 9s are not a simple walk in the park :p only 55# inj .. any alky ??? :confused:

I had a situation on the other end of the track,. Launch was decent 1.7 60ft 1/8th was a low low 7 but I over powered the Convertor and it stopped pulling just before the 1/8th

I coasted to a 12.01 @ 92 mph

this was also at 19 psi and it spun a bit off the line.
Launched at 12 psi.

:biggrin:

You've got a pretty healthy set up. My car blew the fp reg hose off and it leaned out.

I think the main advantage I have over most GN's is weight. Miss the AC tho...:p

running 10s is attainable .. 9s are not a simple walk in the park :p only 55# inj .. any alky ??? :confused:

Yes, I agree..9's are tough. The 55's do hold me back. No alky. I run straight 118 Rockett Fuel. It is rated 116 at the motor. As I stated previously the best advantage I have to get to 9's is weight.

Any mods you can recommend Grumps..or am I good?

The 55s do seem really small. My brothers TSM car maxed out the 83 lb injectors so he had to step up to the 96s. This was at 9.8 @ 137mph with a 3550 weight. Has since go low 9.6s in the 140s. Apples to oranges, but you might want to look at some 72s at least.

IMHO, the T63E (66 mm?) is not a 9 sec capable turbo in most peoples hands..... the fact that you are light at 3100 lbs helps.... but I wouldn't expect to get there with the 63E or the 55's....

I'd be hoping for mid 10's after you change injectors... enough tuning.... you might sneak down a little... but all the stars must be properly aligned...

Keep us posted.... I really like those low boost #'s..... but reserve judgement for the actual timeslip in lieu of dyno numbers...

Thanks for all the great advice. :cool:

I'll do a little test and tune and get it to the track.

I agree that is the only way to know for sure. Just wanted to get some expert input.

:cool: :cool: :cool: