Experts, Need V8 Help!

This is not a correct statement. Regals and Cutlass came with 307 Olds engines and not all got 200-4Rs.

See ya, Kip

Plus don’t forget the 267 Chevy V8 found in the 81 MonteCarlo’s With the 3 speed metric automatic transmission behind it.

I took the 200R4 out of our Buick and bolted it up to my 383 Small Block Chevy in my 86 MonteCarlo LS. Everything fit no problem.

Another thing is... the only SBC and BBC Chevy motors that were externally balanced were the SBC 400 and the BBC 454. Everything else is internally (Zero) balanced and the flywheels/flexplates will interchange. Many are also drilled for both small and large converter bolt patterns.

That means you can use either the 153 (12-3/4") or 168 tooth (14") flexplate on a 350.

I was recently forced to use a small 153 tooth flexplate on a 565BBC because the starter needed to be closer to the oilpan for header clearence.

Torque converters will also interchange between the TH350 and TH400... and even those can be used in a Powerglide if you use a turbo splined input shaft.

You should contact Big Wood Racing---i bet they could help;)

I am just sayin:eek:

Geoff

This is one of those things were you get a extra hair on your chest for doing it own your on:biggrin: Not for me but for my buddy Bill... He has redone this entire car right by himself so he didn't want any help from my other guys...

Men:rolleyes::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:;)