You can type here any text you want

EXT G....Whats the norm AF counts at idle?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

turbo nasty

Turbo Dojo / MNTR
My question is what should the MAF count be at idle (closed loop)"?

All I get is AF 1 on the SM with the engine off or running or with the engine running and the MAF disconnected.

Now if I disconnect the MAF with it running it does affect the idle but just gets a little rough but the AF counts are still 1??? And it doesnt throw a code either

What should a GEN2 Ext G LT1 3" MAF af counts be at idle on the SM.

No I dont have a Logger or a spare MAFas I am out of town. Figures teh one time I dont have my spare MAF in teh trunk it does this.

Having some issues with hard starting, stalling and tip in stumble and think I may have a MAF issue. Thanx

Ok did have a spare stock MAF and swapped it out. Its doing the same thing. Anyone?

the Scanmaster will read 1/3 of the actual airflow unless you have a powerlogger (which can correct the reading).

Your Gen-2 reads airflow also, check the readings on it. In fact check all the readings and post them.

What are your BLM readings?

What is LV8 reading at idle?

Bob

Have to take away fuel at idle on low load for teh stock MAF and have to add fuel for 128 with LT1. This is closed loop and the decimal is solid on the SM so the ecm is in closed loop.

Heres what I have with a stock style MAF with one screen engine running in Park

SM readings

AF1
L8 22-23
Batt 13.0-13.4
INT 125-128
BLM 124-127
CLT 168-173
ats 71 (locked I know just post info)
Rpm 800 - 825
tps .46
IAC 27
CC jumps in 20 count bursts
PL 2.4
SP 25.0

GEN 2 settings and readings
sensor monitor shows AF counts at 5

Main scale 0.0
v out 1 2.560
v out 2 4.000
afterstart 0.0
lo load pt 32.5
mid load pt 100.1
hi load pt 143.0
Fout max 0
Maf limit TPS 0.000
MAF Limit 0.0
MAF/RPM 0.0
TPS enrich 0.0
TPS decay 0.0
Idle flow 0.0
off idel flow 0.0

Low load
800 (minus) -10.5%
1200 -4.5%
1600 -1.5%

mid 0.0 across the board

high load
from 2200-5500 + 14%

MAF sensor 0.00
WOT spk is 24.5

With the LT1 and no screen in it

SM readings
l8 22-23
int 126-130
BLM 127-130
rest is the same

GEN2
AF count 4
Low load
800 +13.5%
1200 +6.0%
1600 +4.0%

As stated before i have to add in order to get 128 BLM target and car is less responsive it seems wit heth LT1 and both MAF still exhibit tip in stumble

Have to take away fuel at idle on low load for teh stock MAF and have to add fuel for 128 with LT1. This is closed loop and the decimal is solid on the SM so the ecm is in closed loop.

Heres what I have with a stock style MAF with one screen engine running in Park

SM readings

AF1
L8 22-23
Batt 13.0-13.4
INT 125-128
BLM 124-127
CLT 168-173
ats 71 (locked I know just post info)
Rpm 800 - 825
tps .46
IAC 27
CC jumps in 20 count bursts
PL 2.4
SP 25.0

GEN 2 settings and readings
sensor monitor shows AF counts at 5

Main scale 0.0
v out 1 2.560
v out 2 4.000
afterstart 0.0
lo load pt 32.5
mid load pt 100.1
hi load pt 143.0
Fout max 0
Maf limit TPS 0.000
MAF Limit 0.0
MAF/RPM 0.0
TPS enrich 0.0
TPS decay 0.0
Idle flow 0.0
off idel flow 0.0

Low load
800 (minus) -10.5%
1200 -4.5%
1600 -1.5%

mid 0.0 across the board

high load
from 2200-5500 + 14%

MAF sensor 0.00
WOT spk is 24.5

With the LT1 and no screen in it

SM readings
l8 22-23
int 126-130
BLM 127-130
rest is the same

GEN2
AF count 4
Low load
800 +13.5%
1200 +6.0%
1600 +4.0%

As stated before i have to add in order to get 128 BLM target and car is less responsive it seems wit heth LT1 and both MAF still exhibit tip in stumble

You shouldn't be too surprised to see a tuning difference between the two COMPLETELY different MAFs. I suspect you need to add more fuel to the LT1 sensor simply because it flows a bit better than the stock plastic piece. This would tend to lean the mixture, requireing you to add more fuel.

As for your other issues, I see by the info above you've done no real tuning for them.
These you have all set to zero:
Maf limit TPS 0.000
MAF Limit 0.0
MAF/RPM 0.0
TPS enrich 0.0
TPS decay 0.0
Idle flow 0.0
off idel flow 0.0

I know our setups are different and I'm using a Trans Pro instead, but here are some of my comparable entries:

Maf limit TPS 0.50
MAF Limit 6.0
MAF/RPM 2.50
TPS enrich 0.10
TPS decay 0.61
Idle flow 0.0
off idel flow 0.0

As for Idle flow and off idle flow, I don't have settings worded like that, but may have similar settings but don't know. Common sense would tell me to set idle fllow to 6.00, but don't know about off idle flow. How does your manual address all these settings?????

Here's what your manual says about all those settings:

MAFLim TPS: [FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]TPS value below which MAF Flow is limited to the below settings.
[/FONT]
[/FONT]MAF Limit: [FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]When TPS is below the MAFLimTPS, MAF flow is limited to this. This helps reduce decel richness.
[/FONT]
[/FONT]MAF /Krpm: [FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]Second limiting factor. This setting, multiplied by (RPM/1000), is added to the "MAF Limit" and the sum becomes the max allowable MAF Flow when TPS is less than "MAFLimTPS".
[/FONT]
[/FONT]TPS Enrich: [FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]Throttle movement calculation for momentary enrichment, this calculated value is added to the MAF output signal. This calculation is only calculated at throttle openings below 30%. Typical setting is .20
[/FONT]
[/FONT]TPS Decay: [FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]The rate at which the TPS Enrich fuel is reduced once throttle movement stops. Lower numbers decay more slowly. Typical setting is .30
[/FONT]
[/FONT]Idle Flow: [FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]The airflow amount used to determine if OffIdle enrichment should be activated. Typical setting is 12 (Grams/Sec).
[/FONT]
[/FONT]OffIdle fuel: [FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]Enrichment percentage added to the output airflow value for 1 second after the throttle is opened and airflow exceeds Idle Flow. This can compensate for larger than stock MAF sensors that are less responsive than the original. Typical setting 7-12 %
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

You shouldn't be too surprised to see a tuning difference between the two COMPLETELY different MAFs. I suspect you need to add more fuel to the LT1 sensor simply because it flows a bit better than the stock plastic piece. This would tend to lean the mixture, requireing you to add more fuel.

As for your other issues, I see by the info above you've done no real tuning for them.
These you have all set to zero:
Maf limit TPS 0.000
MAF Limit 0.0
MAF/RPM 0.0
TPS enrich 0.0
TPS decay 0.0
Idle flow 0.0
off idel flow 0.0

I know our setups are different and I'm using a Trans Pro instead, but here are some of my comparable entries:

Maf limit TPS 0.50
MAF Limit 6.0
MAF/RPM 2.50
TPS enrich 0.10
TPS decay 0.61
Idle flow 0.0
off idel flow 0.0

Yeah I have my manual and it says what you posted.

I feel the same way on the two sensors the LT1 just flows more, hence the difference in settings. I simply posted the two different settings due to what I discovered between the 2. Put the stocker back on to see if the Lt1 was bad.

I have done some tuning......though it may not be like your settings.

Tps Enrich and Decay on my GEN2 must be zereod or it will stumble/ not rev cleanly from idle to 2k rpm.
Your settings for those two are what are the default on mine. i.e.- when I updated the unit several months back or if you do a hard reset.

Ill try the other parameteres you posted and see if that helps. Honestly not sure what they mean.. a lil over my head

Thanx

Ok Dave I set the GEN 2 to

Maf limit TPS 0.50
MAF Limit 6.0
MAF/RPM 2.50

And it did help tip in /its much better so i appreciate it!
And I could probably tune the rest of it out if I get a better grasp of what the settings are doing.

Can you give me a little more info on what im actually doing to the MAP/value/etc or what these settings that i justed changed.

Thanx again

Ok Dave I set the GEN 2 to

Maf limit TPS 0.50
MAF Limit 6.0
MAF/RPM 2.50

And it did help tip in /its much better so i appreciate it!
And I could probably tune the rest of it out if I get a better grasp of what the settings are doing.

Can you give me a little more info on what im actually doing to the MAP/value/etc or what these settings that i justed changed.

Thanx again

I would have thought that tps enrich would have cured your issue. It's like a carburators "accelerator pump shot". Adds a little extra shot of fuel when tipping into the throttle.

Basically you are limiting how low the maf flow value can go when below a certain tps value.
Helps prevent maf flow drops when coming off throttle, but also ensures the flow value stays up when cracking the throttle open.
I don't fully understand some of it either, and I'm certainly not the expert, just did some playing around with values to ensure I ended up with perfect street manners.
I didn't really have a problem before hand, but put these values in my Translator Pro for those times I switched back to MAF operation and it all seemed to work perfectly.

I'm a "tinkerer", and I'll run speed density for a few months, then slap an LS1 MAF on and run in Tranlstor mode for a few months, just to ensure the two bin files I have are perfected.

Cool deal. Are you going to BG?

Bob going and hes gonna take a look at get her whipped into shape if needed.

I gonna play with it some more.

Going to triple check my Caspers plug n play to make darn sure the connections are good and not in a bind, etc.

Cool deal. Are you going to BG?

Bob going and hes gonna take a look at get her whipped into shape if needed.

I gonna play with it some more.

Going to triple check my Caspers plug n play to make darn sure the connections are good and not in a bind, etc.

I hope to. At least for a couple days. Blew most of my vacation budget on the TB.com nats.

Cool deal hope to see/meet ya there.

The settings helped some but after driving it alot in traffic its still there and annoying.

Its really just a light throttle apply deal just that weeee little apply, even on the interstate when lifting and reapplying the throttle it trys to stall (rpm dips) for a moment and then goes.

Runs like a raped ape otherwise.

Back