You can type here any text you want

Extendar chip looses its settings while driving...then add its own.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Steve V

Steve V's Automotive 757 560 2782
As title states. It turned off lean cruise, open loop idle and changed lock up mph on its own. Then it turned on launch assit. Bob ????

I will post links to my threads with more info in a few.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

You've got a flaky power connection to that eck somewhere.

Sent from my QMV7A tablet via Tapatalk.

What a ass kicker.

When you switched the ecm's did you also swap the chips? In other words, did chip stay with car?

Rick

You've got a flaky power connection to that eck somewhere.

Dave only power left to be flaky is from ign switch( its new) to ecm itself. Even if its flakey how could it change the settings...

What a ass kicker.

When you switched the ecm's did you also swap the chips? In other words, did chip stay with car?

Rick
3 chips 3 ecms all the same.

Gotta a Tt chip to try next...

The chip parameters are saved into the ECM's memory, so if they are changing, the ECM's memory is being corrupted. More of an ECM issue than a chip issue.
Since you've tried multiple ECM's, I wonder if something in the car is causing interference.

Anyideas I have nothing in this car other than PL, scanmaster, aftermarket guages. Tr6, translator ,3.5 maf, alky kit. Stock radio, no XM...etc.

Are you ABSOLUTELY sure of the integrity of the orange power wire all the way from the battery to the pin in the end connector?????

Absolutely I reran the orange wire from the ECM to the battery and I reran all the grounds

Just a little update. I have a spare TT alky chip here. Removed the extender chip( I have used 3 diff ecms, 3 diff ext chips),disconnected wire front parking lamps to ECM. Erics chip has not acted up yet(if it is a chip issue). Driven about 200 miles so far, last nite did some WOT blasts on the country roads. Running good so far. I run 180 stat fan settings on my ext chip, but I am back to 160 with Eric's chip. I did remember to turn the limit switch in the translator as well as change my PL settings to read correct Maf on the scanmaster. I left my fuel pressure alone. Wideband shows 10.1-10.6 @wot.

Attachments

Been about 500 miles with Tt chip and issue has not returned.

Back