You can type here any text you want

Extender chip with 009 is there tip in problems

• Thread starter Thread starter AsphaltAnihil8r
  • Start date Start date

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
A

AsphaltAnihil8r

Just as it says;)
I have the following
PTE FMIC
TE61
THDP
Translator +
SMC Alki
What Extender chip do I get??

In a word, yes.

I have been able to minimize it. My combo is similar to yours except I have the 51. I only have tip-in problems when I really jump on it. I have been contemplating Max Effort but I am hesitant to loose the extender capability. I have overall been very impressed with the T+ and the extender chips. Tuning is very good except the tip in down low.

The car is very rich at idle and on the line but runs well after I get moving. I have a 93 chip and just increase boost, fuel and timing at the track.

I have a RA93 chip now ,which is Rich down low ,am I going to have the same problem with the Extender being Rich,,did you request it lean at idle and in the lower RPM range but ended up with a Rich Chip ..Dont want to have to keep sending chips back ,it gets old real fast

Dennis

Extender stuff.

Hey guys,

The 009 stuff runs very well. Some of the earlier versions may have been rich
though. Help me out here, how is your translator set? Which MAF are you running?
What is your air-filter setup? What version is the translator? What number is on the chip?

Thanks!

Bob

Re: Extender stuff.

Originally posted by TurboBob
Hey guys,

The 009 stuff runs very well. Some of the earlier versions may have been rich
though. Help me out here, how is your translator set? Which MAF are you running?
What is your air-filter setup? What version is the translator? What number is on the chip?

Thanks!

Bob
Bob ,I dont hae the Extender yet,,please gie me the Number of the Chip I need ,above is what I have ,you did give me a # before but I lost it ;)

I too have 009's but my tip-in stumble disappeared when I installed LS-1 MAF, translater, & extender chip...the only adjustments I have made is WOT set 4% rich. I had a RA93 chip which did give me tip-in stumble and cold stumble.

For you guys having a tip in stumble try moving the cam sensor about 1/8 counter clockwise. Try it you'll be surprised.
Eric

TurboBob,
I have an extender chip that's a couple of years old, so this may not be valid info, but my car is rich, rich, rich (enough to code my O2 sensor on occasion) at idle and cruise, or I turn my fp down to about 40 or less hose off and get tip in stumble ( and still pretty rich). Car runs great when I jump on it. Car checks out fine otherwise, so I think it is the chip. I did have it burned for 92, but it turned out 93 is common here. I'll have to check numbers when I get home, but the translator and MAF were the set-up available just before the T-plus came out, I believe it is an impala maf. The chip was purchased at the same time. K&N 9" cone, solid MAF pipe, 009's. Standard recommended translator settings. Anything else, other than the numbers?
BTW, for anyone else reading this, this is no indictment of TurboBob, the cars runs hard, I made a bunch of changes at once, and left the car sitting for a long time, so I never really took the opportunity to try and have the chip changed to meet my needs. I assume he would have done so if asked.

No Prob.

Get me the numbers off the chip, the numbers off the Translator, and the switch settings.

We can get you fixed up.

Bob

here you go
translator switches on on off off 3 0
translator model gn1.1
chip E441815A for 009's, spark advance 18 TCC 44 WOT n extender

If you can send me the chip I will update it for you. The latest stuff is pretty cool.

TurboBob

Back