You can type here any text you want

Extender, version W ?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

V6POWER

How fast is the update and what parameters get fast update? Is it faster than the standard 1.25 frames per second that I get with TL v2.13? Also, will version W tell you if you set a trouble code? Thanks for any answers.

Yes, it is much faster than the standard code output. TurboLink v3/4 is compatible with reading the fast update codes as well as the Scanmaster and DirectScan but v2.13 is not. W code won't show what malfunction code you got but will still turn on the check engine light if something goes wrong.

http://midwestracing.hostin.com/smdatadef.htm

Chad Schwartz (Mr. URL Sir-Links-A-Lot)

Snake Pliskin, I thought you were dead? ;)

Chad---Thanks for the great comparison chart. :) It indicates that version W is not compatible with TL....is this correct? It looks like version Z is the next best version for TL if W will not work with TL (but no fast update).

How much faster is version W (how many frames per second)? I purchased TL 4.0 but I have to get a laptop that will support it.

Look Quick, "W" data stream reads the same on Tlink 3/4 as scanmaster. Its the data stream TurboBob recommends. No error codes though. Don't know about the SES light.

That chart is not up to date. :)

No, I don't. The current extender chip is version "E" I believe and the "W" denotes the latest data stream available. I did notice three o2 readings, three TPS readings and possibly some other extra readings over the stock data stream. HTH :)

The scanmaster data stream is transmitted through the ALDL with the "W" datastream for Turbo link 3/4. :)

You can search for TurboBob's posts and I think you'll get some info on it. TurboDave posts about it frequently too.

Thanks again, Lee. I will do a search and see what I can find, although I have been following Bob's and Dave's posts pretty closely.

Originally posted by lburou
..."W" data stream reads the same on Tlink 3/4 as scanmaster. ... No error codes though.
You mean there is no way to ever get error or "trouble" codes from a "W" Extrender chip :confused:

The update rate is roughly 3 times per second for O2 and knock for the fast update datastreams.

You can get the malfunction codes the old fashioned way by jumping the 2 pins in the aldl plug, and you get the codes "blinked" to you.:)

Regards,
Eric

Originally posted by Eric Stage I
You can get the malfunction codes the old fashioned way by jumping the 2 pins in the aldl plug, and you get the codes "blinked" to you.
ahh, Thanks! I can live with that. I mis-interpreted as meaning I would not even be able to get the "blink" codes, but I will...

Don't know....Didn't see anything about this detail in the instructions or on Ramcharger's site.

My personal solution is to keep a thrasher chip around to pop in there if any issues come up in the future. Not a show stopper for me. :)

Back