You can type here any text you want

external wastegate questions

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

1dollardog

Are we there yet?
What type of external wastegate are you using? What size (mm)? What psi? Why is it on ebay that I can see 2 wastegates that are the same size and same psi and one is $80.00 and the other is $300.00. What could be the difference?

What type of external wastegate are you using? What size (mm)? What psi? Why is it on ebay that I can see 2 wastegates that are the same size and same psi and one is $80.00 and the other is $300.00. What could be the difference?

One is good and the other is chit. There are alot of knockoffs out there. When I got mine I paid a little over 400 for it, Tial 44mm with V-bands. FWIW its in the for-sale section :biggrin:. Alot of downpipes have the external wastegate coming off the exhaust housing, but the best way is to have it coming off the exhaust manifold and dump it to the atmosphere or back in the DP. With a manual boost controller you can easily go from 20 to 30 psi depending on the spring.

One is good and the other is chit. There are alot of knockoffs out there. When I got mine I paid a little over 400 for it, Tial 44mm with V-bands. FWIW its in the for-sale section :biggrin:. Alot of downpipes have the external wastegate coming off the exhaust housing, but the best way is to have it coming off the exhaust manifold and dump it to the atmosphere or back in the DP. With a manual boost controller you can easily go from 20 to 30 psi depending on the spring.
Is that the one most folks have here?

I have a Pro Gate on one of my turbo cars and a Race Gate on the GN. Both worked without issue. I would just be sure to get a quality name brand gate.

Back