You can type here any text you want

F-body hollow front sway bar

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

GNsnake

Hey guys, which is the correct bar and where do I get one? I see that this can drop 15lbs off the weight of the car.

Chris

did that fit up without any problems, ive seen his bars on ebay a few times. do you happen to know what years that bar came on. thanks

35 mm sway bar

All I know is what I was told and they said it was an '89 Camaro Iroc. You could probably get away with any third gen f-body bar.
I have had to notch my intercooler (Mine intercooler is a Mark Jackson Stretched) to make it fit. But other than that it lines up perfectly. ;)
Its alot lighter than the factory G-body bar.

Hope this helps
Speed11

hey thanks, did it seem to make your ride handle better, in the curves. wondering if it is worth it.

also forgot to ask, did all irocs come with the hollow bar or was it a special option.

I think so.

As far as curvey roads; I havn't had the opportunity to try it out yet but I'll keep you posted.
It does fell tighter. The weight savings are worth it alone. I paid $35.00 for mine plus shipping of $20.
Go to your local junk yard and take one off your self you'll probably be able to get it for even less. Sand blast it and paint it, new end links and bushings (Moog) will run you another $15.00 total. Pretty cheap if you ask me. Well worth it.
Good luck
:smile:

You want the 36mm hollow sway bar that came on the 3rd gen F-bodies with the 1LE option... Do a search under "1LE" and you will find plenty of info on this topic :cool:

thanks for the info, im not into quarter mile or ot would be taken off. i like to turn. :biggrin:

You can find the hollow 36mm on any 3rd gen F-body that came with the 16" wheels. Its not 1LE specific. The 16" wheel models came with either the hollow 36mm or the solid 34mm. The easy way to tell a hollow from a solid is to look at the end where the link loups are at. The hollow bars have a small hole there to vent the gases when they are welded. The 36mm is a nice upgrade if you are using stock springs. It starts to become a henderence when you go to a stiffer spring in which case the stock bar still does a good job.

The stock bar is 32mm solid. The 36mm F body bar is lighter and stiffer. There are a couple of other options, some solid, some hollow. One of the F body boards has them set up in a table, with relative stiffness, but I don't believe it has the weights.

36 mm hollow

I got mine on this board (parts for sale)It works perfect!! feels like a corner carver,baby :wink:

36mm sway bar

Guys, I'm looking for the 36mm hollow front sway bar from a F-body. If anybody knows of one PM me. Thanks

GNsnake

Hey if I were to get a 36mm would I need new endlinks? I just replaced mine which is why I ask. I know the bushings are a given seeing as how the size is different.

Beast_TR said:
Hey if I were to get a 36mm would I need new endlinks? I just replaced mine which is why I ask. I know the bushings are a given seeing as how the size is different.

You can reuse your links or replace them with the stock parts. The bushing clamps are the same too.

Back