F-Body Twin Fans?

Darkside

Hey I have an aluminum radiator from a mid eighties camaro, should'nt a twin fan set up from a IROC bolt right in, my radiator did??? Anyone done this? TIA

I've got an F-body radiator, too. The Iroc twin fans you're talking about should fit o.k. but I'll give you two more alternatives. I run the twin LT1 Trans Am dual fans which fit like a glove and cool very well. Also, I beleive all the RamCharger's fans really are the dual fans off a newer Dodge Intrepid. Scour the yards and you'll find some innovative things to recycle.

Hey, fantastic news. I found a twin fan setup from a '92 Intrepid and it looks like it will clip right on my 3rd radiator. I will let you know how it works!

What's interesting is that the Intrepids are not al that plentiful in the yards around here. I looked forever for one before I bought the LT1 fans.

If you want the best ,,then go Spal fans ,,I can hook you up for under $200,,well I have a phone number if your interested...
HTH

I like the Intrepid fans for the fact you buy the $20 adapter from Casper's and it's plug-n-play. But the LT1 fans, along with the new F-body radiator, really cool it good as well. Just had to rig up a Casper's harness to "make" it plug-n-play. My buddy has the Iroc fans and is now looking for either of the other two I mentioned. They just cool better.

Don't know if you want a large single, but the 80's chevy celebrity had a real strong 16" single. Rumor has it they move more cfm than the duals gm converted too later on. Draws quite a few amps though.

Update

Well, I bought($15 junkyard) the twin fans from the 1992 Intrepid. Fans fit really well. The work extremely well too. I thought the single fan I had worked, but these twin fans just blow them away(no pun intended). I am going to bolt things down and wire them up correctlly. I will post a picture(they look like they belong there) and give temperture figures. Thanks for everyones input!

Well,
Finally got intrepid fans hoked up and running. The fans look like they are supposed to be there. I will hook up my turbolink this weekend and get some temp results. I will be happy to send anyone a picture.

sounds good, maybe i will look for one of these next time i go to a bone yard... how did you wire it? and someone said something about a plug-n-play harness from Caspers, how much does that harness go for?

thanks

I checked out caspers site and did not find anything plug and play. I also checked out Summit and Jegs and did not find what I was looking for there either. I ended up buying Imperial kits #226206 and 226203 from Autozone(cost $43), which have a relay and a fully adjustable temp control 32* to 248*. I am real pleased with this setup. I will get temps real soon. I emailed pictures today to everyone that requested. Email me if I missed anyone?