You can type here any text you want

F*^&(^ Hydroboost

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TurboB24

Junior mint
Running power steering fluid in system.Fluid level is correct.

1st issue
Steering wheel gets very hard to turn while applying brakes,at slow speeds.Return line has no kinks.If I hold the pedal at idle it virtually impossible to turn the wheel.(possible PS pump going out?)

2nd issue
You can still feel brake pedal "stick" at one spot while applying brakes.Not related with the brake,cruise sensors.Only"sticks while engine is running and at low speeds while braking.Once I hit the "stick" the car nose dives like I mentioned in a previous post.Pedal will not "stick" with car off,the pedal is smooth all the way to the floor.(Possible bad power booster?)

Exact Same Problem Here. Just Changed Mine Over Last Weekend. I Was Hoping It Would Work Itself Out. Sorry Bout The Caps. Im On My Cell And Im No Pro Texter.

Happened to me a long time ago w/ my 85 some internal problem at the booster needed to be replaced/rebuilt.
But my car was damn near undrivable.

Exact Same Problem Here. Just Changed Mine Over Last Weekend. I Was Hoping It Would Work Itself Out. Sorry Bout The Caps. Im On My Cell And Im No Pro Texter.

Read that wrong, I think,You just changed over to HB last week,correct?

Ok, sticky pedal only sometimes to me means the PS pump is fine. As far as the actual power steering at hard to turn throws me off though. Could you post a pic or write the actual routes you ran your lines? Really the set up can only be ran in one way but I'm wondering if you have you High pressure lines flip flopped on the hydroboost unit.

1. Pass side of hydrobooster should run to the PS pump
2. Drivers side of hydrobooster should run to the steering gear box.
3. Low pressure line 3/8 line should be tee'd into the 3/8 low pressure line running from the reseviour to the gear box.

A buddy of mine did run into a similar problem. His hydroboost unit actually had some paint chunks inside of it. he took it apart, cleaned it out and it worked fine.

Is this on an 86-87 Turbo Regal?

Check hose routing and get back to me.

My Hoses Are Routed Exactly Like That. I Used 84 Gn Lines And Hb. I Ran The One To The Pump Behind The Ac.

Hard diagnoses there. I'm thinkning you may have a bad hydroboost unit only because you are having problems across the board. Very similar to turbonut85's issues. His had a blockage of paint or some sort of black material in his booster unit. This system feeds the brakes, then the power steering.

Just had O'Reilly's order me up a new power booster.

While I have the car apart I'm thinking of replacing the PS pump too.

Well at least if you replace the HydroBoost and the PS pump and your still having problems, you know it's the Master Cylinder! Try just replacing the Hydroboost unit first and see if that clears up the problem before you change the PS pump.

Ordered Mine. Be Here Fri. Ill Let You Know How It Goes. If It Dont Work I May Swap To Vac Brake.

Ordered Mine. Be Here Fri. Ill Let You Know How It Goes. If It Dont Work I May Swap To Vac Brake.

No need to do that. Just need to find out what parts are bad that you got. It's not the systems fault you guys are having problems. It's one of the parts that the parts store sold you. But to each your own I guess.

Question for you guys, did you have any problems bleeding your brakes? I just ran into an issue on a conversion I'm doing right now. May hav something in common with your problem. We are having a tough time bleeding the brakes through the lines. Problem occuring is either the pushrod on the booster is out too far or the piston in the MC is out too far. So when I bolt the MC to the booster, the piston is already engaged to far so it's not allowing hydraulic pressure. This is a rebuild flaw. I'm looking into what it takes to re-adjust and I'll keep you posted.

Mine did the same thing awhile back. I had a spare steering box and swapped it out. Did not fix it. Turn out to be a Hydroboost unit. I did notice that the lines going to the hydroboost got hot when running if that helps.

Back