You can type here any text you want

Factory 4 barrell intake vs aftermarket???

• Thread starter Thread starter nasty83regal
  • Start date Start date

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
N

nasty83regal

im not looking for anything spetacular just a good street running intake.....which i may port etc...but anyhow i have the stock 4 barrell intake from gm....is it really worth my time to get aftermarket? i know on other gm vehicles of this time it truly wasnt........i mean it may have an improvement but is it really worth the $165. price tag????? just curious .......

thankx
brooks
again...........

so many questions so little time..........:D

I haven't run a NA V6 myself, but everything I have reads says the stock 4.1 intake is very good.

Be careful when looking at aftermarket intakes. Some don't have EGR (if that's a problem) and others were design for low port heads (or compromise between the two). Stage II intakes are common on ebay, but they only work with Stage II heads.

ok i think i'll stick with my good ole fashioned 4 barrell intake then....i will get it ported and such maybe even go to the lentgh of having it extrude honed if once i run it it runs well.......then just to get a lil more juice out of it............but i decided to go hydraulic cam since ive had a few people say the stock cams in the turbos are decent and alot of people kleep runnin those....i figured id try old fashioned first then go new age later lol........probably run a edlebrock cam since its specs were right where i wanted to be i think...........

now a question on pistons and heads.....first pistons does anyone know of anywhere i can get pistons for my 4.1 without being custom? and that will last....? i guess it doesnt have to be forged but i wish they were.........i know summit has cast but...............whats the stock ones like for durability? would they last under 400 or under hp trq? even though i'll probably bore it but just in case i get in there amd the walls are good then what the hell lol........

now to the heads......can i get heads bored out for larger valves? what valves then will fit? its a 83 4.1 with stock heads............also they are cast right not aluminum???? just making sure....since the intakes aluminum figured id better ask....and i dont have car here yet................also am i good to go with stock heads or should i just concetrate on aftermakret or????? i was told or read that these heads flow well so...figured maybe get them port and polish and maybe very big maybe get them extrude honed later that would open them up even more so.............

just some questions rollin thru my head.....to damn new to buicks i guess lol

Back