Factory CD player

Ram

Has anyone heard of this guy???http://www.jaysgn.com/stereo.html#stereo
Or have one of his setups??
Will any GM CD head unit work with the factory wiring for a GN.
I just want to be able to play CD's & keep it factory looking.
I've got a 800 watt $5000 system in my everyday driver & don't own any cassettes. What the hell are they good for anyway!!
My GN is mainly a show car so stock appearing is very important!!

Ram

I never head of him but ask him if it comes with a adapter hardness to interface the stock hardness to the newer Delco radios. Also the newer GM cars use a smaller antenna plug.

I have the one on the bottom left.

Originally posted by Ram
Has anyone heard of this guy???http://www.jaysgn.com/stereo.html#stereo
Or have one of his setups??
Will any GM CD head unit work with the factory wiring for a GN.
I just want to be able to play CD's & keep it factory looking.
I've got a 800 watt $5000 system in my everyday driver & don't own any cassettes. What the hell are they good for anyway!!
My GN is mainly a show car so stock appearing is very important!!

Ram

Yes I have bought from Jay. And I have seen the CD units.

When my GN was stolden they took the stock radio out and I got a replacement from Jay at BG a number of years ago. Jay also had some of the CD units there. The size of the face and unit were the same as the stock unit. If I remember right he did offer the wiring adaptors.

Contact him and I'm sure he will give you all the information you need.

Take Care

Jay lives outside of Pittsburgh, PA. and although I never have dealt with him specifically, I have heard very good things about him from other turbo owners. He knew his stuff and won't rip you off!!

Jay also sells a speaker upgrade system for stock GM DELCO radios. One works with the four speaker set up the other with the concert II set up.

Maybe someone out there who has one of Jay's systems can tell us more?
Hope this helps.

A few years ago I bought an AM/FM CD player with built in EQ from Jay and it works well. I have factory CD players in both of my GN's and I really like them both. The one I got from Jay was shipped quickly and I didn't have any problems with the unit or with Jay.

In 1990, when I bought my car, I also looked at a GN that had a AC Delco CD player in it. I was told it was from a Grand Am. The ex-husband of the seller was a Pontiac parts manager at the time.

Just FYI.

Ram,
I just put a Monsoon cassette player in my 85SS
and it fits fine. I went with the cassette unit because
I've got lots of cassettes. You can get a harness from
GM to hook up a GM remote CD changer too.
You'll have to modify the brackets on the CD player so
it fits in ok, and some mods to the stock brackets, but
other than that it's a breeze. Jay's does sell the adapter
plug, about $15. He's very helpful too. Metra and GM have
the antenna adapter.
Look up the posts by FlyinGN, he's done the Monsoon
CD swap.
Larry.

Not sure where the previous owner of my car got this CD unit but no one, not a single GN enthusiast has been able to detect the changeover. I'm looking for a stock unit like this but in black for my wife's GN.
DSCN3016.jpg

A monsoon out of a 2001 camaro is a nice swap quite a few watts.

Downside is they fetch a pretty price on Ebay

The harness kits are available look for a GM 12 to 21 pin adapter. They usually come with an antenna adapter as well.