You can type here any text you want

factory fuel lines

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

michael evans

I have the engine almost all the way torn down and saw the factory fuel lines and it made me wonder if that is/was my problem.

At what level are they an issue ?

I have 83 pound injectors, hot-wire kit with red's double fuel pumps.

1/8 mile pulls felt great, but at 1000 the car felt like it was laying down.

I was on my way to the track when I made a hit (1/4 mile) and it popped the head gasket so I did not have my dataloger plugged in.

I've seen guys run 9 flat with stock fuel lines. I wouldn't try it myself however if you're not running into the mid 9's or further I don't think it's your problem.

Neal

My stock fuel lines caused me a lot of headache on an almost stock car. With one hotwired walbro, i could not get base pressure down below 50-55psi. I searched up and down for a bent or kinked line but couldn't find one. The inside of the "saginaw" fittings are so small, I could not slide a 1/8" drill bit into them.

I cut off the restrictive fuel fitting and used the vapor/vent line as a return line, then crossed it to the correct line at the tank. After that I could turn it down to around 28-30psi (i run 45psi static). I don't ever want a fuel issue again as you can see by my signature. I will grow into them soon.

My mph was 137 on my 9.90 pass with the same exact fuel system you have. I think Scott Bolek went 8.80 through stock fuel lines.

Last edited:
The OP didn't give enough information to make an intelligent recommendation. There is no fuel pressure data. Without data his post is moot.

The OP didn't give enough information to make an intelligent recommendation. There is no fuel pressure data. Without data his post is moot.

Found my issue with the fuel pressure issue (line blue off the regular and I did not catch it).

When I get it back together (parts on their way) I will have fuel pressure hooked up the Powerloger.

sorry to hear it man. Sucks. I zip tie mine.

I had a similar thing happen. and damn near killed myself. High boost test run on a country back road in the middle of the night. my vacuum line for my brake booster blew off the manifold. I thought the car was never going to stop. Now its clamped tight on both ends.

I like reading threads where people say "I got away with it"...
One person feeds a 1,000 hp engine all the fuel it needs through the stock feed line. The other person feeds his 350 hp engine through a -8 feed line that uses a y fitting to feed each fuel rail with a remote regulator and also replaces the return line. Guess which person I point and laugh at.

One person feeds a 1,000 hp engine all the fuel it needs through the stock feed line. The other person feeds his 350 hp engine through a -8 feed line that uses a y fitting to feed each fuel rail with a remote regulator and also replaces the return line. Guess which person I point and laugh at.
Good for you, want a cookie?

There's also people who push stock unopened blocks just to test their limits.
If that's what your into, cool! As far as laughing at someone, that tells me a lot about your personality. Honestly, you make really snide remarks on this forum often, I guess you feel more of a man while trying to belittle others?

There will always be debate on what works and doesn't work. You remind me of a bible peddler, always trying to push your opinion on others because your word is god?

If someone wants to replace their 30 year old factory rusted out lines with a nice modern upgraded fuel system, something more efficient where the number one injector isn't next to the regulator, a little bling, a peace of mind... more power to them!!
You won't catch me laughing at them.

Your pal,
Jeremy.

There's also people who push stock unopened blocks just to test their limits.
This thread is about fuel lines. You roll your eyes at the guy who feeds his 1,000 hp engine through stock lines and view him as very foolish and reckless. I laugh at the guy who spends way too much money for much bigger lines than he needs. Your assessment of the first person is carefully thought through based on real factual data. My assessment of the second person is careless,childish,and shows an underlying character flaw. I believe theses are simply two different opinions.

My mph was 137 on my 9.90 pass with the same exact fuel system you have. I think Scott Bolek went 8.80 through stock fuel lines.
He went 8.96 and the XFI was at full correction. I would hate to see how starved 1,3, and even 5 were. The XFI can only do so much. If there is little fuel available, opening the injector more isnt going to do much.

He went 8.96 and the XFI was at full correction. I would hate to see how starved 1,3, and even 5 were. The XFI can only do so much. If there is little fuel available, opening the injector more isnt going to do much.

I didn't know all the details.

I think unless you're running in the mid 9s or faster, the factory lines will be fine.

Back