Factory Fuse Box ?

ikle

The 4 ignition terminals on our fuse box are they already fused or should I run an inline fuse when using them,pardon me if I am in the wrong section.Thanks,ikle.

The 4 ignition terminals on our fuse box are they already fused or should I run an inline fuse when using them,pardon me if I am in the wrong section.Thanks,ikle.

i STILL run a fuse on mine....rather be safe and it is no big deal..... so why not?

aaron

tagging onto this thread...NOT my first rodeo installing aftermarket stereos... I know what I am doing....just can't find anything in this mess under the dash.

anyone got a diagram/photo of the fuse block on an 87? Most of the white lettering is gone on ours and I can't find the radio fuse. Previous aftermarket install appeared to splice into the factory harness and work at one point in time...but now does not. Replacing with new stereo and 4 new speakers...if they fit...ugh.

Previous owner left me a rats nest and a 15 year old kenwood. I have tried finding constant power for the radio memory and it's dead, as is the previously wired +battery wire. Guessing popped fuse but all the fuses test good right now. Guessing one is missing...?

If all else fails, I can get IGN power from an open point on the fuse block, but where are you guys getting +bat from? I found an open spot labeled +Bat but it's dead.

About to pull hair out.

Thanks!

Oh, and to answer the original question... The three IGN 1 connections are fused by the 20A ST BLT/ACC fuse. They are energized when key is in Run, Bulb Test, or Start.
The IGN 3 connection is fused by the 25A A/C fuse. It is energized only in the Run position.

:)

Yes, and thank you very much.

I was working on this last night and it was very dark. took another shot at it today with better light and fitting my fat butt under the dash. Found an empty slot for a "20" fuse. Dropped it in and voila, the wires were the previous unit were tied in powered up. Finished up the install and I'm happy. Now I'm just worried why the fuse was gone! going to have to watch for weird draws or pops. Hopefully wasn't due to fire?! :redface:

Still chasing down dome light issue and other wiring Enigmas but we now have tunes!

Thanks guys!

Was it the 20A CLK-CIG fuse? Seem to remember some have issues with the wire to the lighter shorting against something. Other things on that fuse are: antenna relay, A/C control head, security indicator, chime module, digital cluster, radio, cigar lighter, & the interior, under hood, & trunk lights. Also door locks.