Factory Moon roof weather stripping?

LimitedT

Has anyone replaced the weather stripping on a factory moon roof ? Getting the moon roof out wasnt a big deal but I need new weather stripping around the glass. I just cant tell how it would be replaced. If any one has done this before , I would like to know how difficult it was. TIA
Dave

If it's a factory Astro roof, then yes I have done the one on my car. The PITA is in the r&r of the roof it's self. Sounds like you have got half the battle won already. The seal is very easy to replace. There is a great write up on the TR web site:

http://205.147.64.51/techarea/bodygauges/astro.html

Hope that helps,

Be careful removing/installing the moon roof so that you don't bend the tracks that the moonroof slides in, otherwise, it will bind once reinstalled like mine did. Now it sounds like the moonroof chain/gears? are slipping caused by the binding. Now I have to go back in and see whats causing the noise. I was so careful and followed the instuctions but still have problem. POS!!

Anyone else have this problem or know how the motor assembly works? I am just guessing that there is some type of sprocket or something that is slipping.