You can type here any text you want

Factory Spare Tire

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

russgill

I am told they no longer make the T155/80D16 any more. What does everybody do when it is time to replace it?

I got the stock wheels sitting in a shed, pull one out and have a tire put on and throw it in the trunk?

Sure will take up a lot more space.

Thanks

Run down to the boneyard and grab a spare from a full size Buick or Cadillac. Take it to a tire store and have them mount it on your old wheel.

Get a 17" spare out a 90's C4 Corvette from your local recycler and it will save about 20 lbs of dead weight (but won't help launches as much as the factory spare)

Old Spare Still Good

Sorry been out of town over the week end, no flats so I am good.

Aminga,
Are you saying the original that I have (but loose air) is still safe to use?

Thanks

Sorry been out of town over the week end, no flats so I am good.

Aminga,
Are you saying the original that I have (but loose air) is still safe to use?

Thanks

That's hard to say without seeing the spare. Mine has no cracks, wheel is fine and rust free so within the bounds of what the compact spare was to be used for (getting you to a gas station at < 45 MPH) I don't see a problem, If it's in good shape.

Thought I would finish this off. I had filled up the spare about 2 weeks ago and then checked it on 10/22 and it showed 0 on the gage. So on 10/27 I checked it again, with another gage and it was reading 60. Guess I have one gage that isn't worth a hoot, so I dumped it. What do I expect for $2.

Thanks

Back