You can type here any text you want

factory speaker wiring

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

nwarky

Here's to hoping someone out there can save me a lot of extra effort. Recently purchased a Turbo Regal that somewhere along the years had an owner spend big bucks in installing aftermarket amps, subwoofers, etc. while still using the factory head unit. This of course required the use of line level outputs and a total butchering of the wiring. Could someone tell me if the factory wires to the rear speakers - a grouping of light blue, dark blue, yellow and brown wires - come out from the back of the factory radio and head up towards the top of the dash before heading to the rear of the car? In my car this group of wires seems to head that direction before being diverted to aftermarket wiring under the carpet near the accelerator pedal. If anyone has been enjoying time recently with their radio wiring maybe you could help me avoid a major disassembly of the interior to track down the original wires. Thanks to all for the help!

Dean Papageorge

What year Regal and which sound system do you have. I can email you the wiring diagrams.

Any wiring diagram couldn't hurt. To be more specific it is a '87 Regal with the nonconcert sound speaker system that originally came with the nonequalizer radio cassette player. Thanks.

Dean

Back