You can type here any text you want

Factory TTA Radio

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

turbota

Does anyone have a factory radio (in good condition) for our cars that they want to sell ?
My rear channels died, and I would like to replace it.OR does anyone know what delco c/d
players work in our cars with the steering wheel controls ?Don't really need the steering wheel controls to work, but it would be nice... Thanx turbota.

The word "on the street" is any non Monsoon double dDIN delco radio will work, other than the redundant controls. Search the archive of this forum as the topic has come up a few times. Seems like there are several old threads with example of specific cars where radios have been pulled and used.

Brent

Nope..they wont..There is a radio listed on the Salerno site but getting one is harder than finding a TTA crank..

Your radio is repairable..United Radio in NJ..

And you can use the PAC adapter with an aftermarket remote radio and it will use the steering wheel controls...

Turbota,

Some guys on this board were giving specific info about equipment available at Best Buy right now that will work with the TTA steering wheel controls. (My memory is that its some Sony head) These posts were within that last month or two and were by employees of Best Buy. Didn't try it, but a search for Best Buy might find these posts....

Good Luck :cool:

Best Buys sells the PAC adapter :) 69.00 it converts the steering wheel controls to an infrared signal..hence the need for a remote ready radio..

I have a Pioneer i'm about to install..just havent gotten around to it yet..

Thanx for the replies. I looked for the radio that was mentioned on the Salerno site but couldnt find one. The "Best Buy" deal sounds like a good way to go. Thanks again. -turbota

OK, to somewhat clarify things a bit, our steering wheel controls are a digital signal and all the later GM stereos with the steering wheel controls have an analog signal, that is why you can't use them even with the adapters for the plugs. Ford does still use the digital signal and the PAC adapter you get for our cars is the same one for most fords.

Any head unit with a remote control (or a remote option) will work, you will need to remote to program the PAC unit so talk to wherever you get your stereo and make sure they will loan you one if your radio doesn't come with one (as my clarion did)

Back