Failed in IL

liquifire

Hello, I just got my T a few months ago so, I'm not fully sure all of what has been modified. So I failed the Emissions. Can someone tell me where I need to start in order to get this thing through. I have a scanmaster the O2 Millivolts are usually around 890 at WOT. This means too rich, right? I should try turning down the fuel pressure. Anyway, here are the test results:

HC - 5.47
CO - 64.3
CO2 - 443.4
NOx - 4.60

Thanks in advance for any insight to this. It is really appreciated!

standards

Sorry bout that. They are:

HC - 2.00 Composite
CO - 30.00 Composite
CO2 - N/A
NOx - N/A

yup, it looks kinda rich. I assume the cat is still there and working. As you get the emissions a little leaner, you'll see the NOx rise slightly. don't lean it out too much or you'll cause a lean misfire. Also, I assume no malfunction codes are stored. A list of modifications would be helpful also.

In IL, you'll get two more trys to pass if you do the work yourself, then you'll need receipts from mechanics. After $450 in receipts, they will give you a waiver. Don't wait till the expiration date, or they will suspend your driver's license.

If you don't know your mods, look for a catalytic converter. If it's there, make sure hasn't been gutted.

I feel your pain.........I too live in Illinois. Right now my car's plates and registration are suspended due to failure to test.

One day if the parts to put my car back together :rolleyes: do arrive, sure that will be a whole other ordeal.

Will they even let me test my car if I roll up with suspended plates and registration? Should be interesting.

When I had a car fail, they suspended my DRIVER'S License. :mad: This was after I sold the car, transfered the plates to another and faxed in the correct forms . Somehow they lost my paperwork :rolleyes:

If you go to the Secreatary of States office, you can get a 5 day registration for $5 (I think). Worst part is standing in line for hours to get it.