You can type here any text you want

False knock

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

GTABurnout

What would cause false knock. Because I had the car set up goo it seemed. I went WOT from a like 5mph roll and I had no knock and fuel pressure was at about .810. But then I went WOT from a 20mph roll I got moderate knock when the car down shifted then it went worse. Is this just because the car shifts hard or is this really knock? Sorry of all the questions I am new to these cars and I am finaly able to drive mine a little more. I just dont want to be embarassed by a 4th Gen.
Thanks

It's not unusual to get some knock on sbift points. False knock can be caused by the downpipe banging or any other rattle that can set off the knock sensor. In rarer cases the knock sensor may be defective or over-tight.

Do you have an after-market downpipe?

Originally posted by GTABurnout
What would cause false knock. Because I had the car set up goo it seemed. I went WOT from a like 5mph roll and I had no knock and fuel pressure was at about .810. But then I went WOT from a 20mph roll I got moderate knock when the car down shifted then it went worse. Is this just because the car shifts hard or is this really knock? Sorry of all the questions I am new to these cars and I am finaly able to drive mine a little more. I just dont want to be embarassed by a 4th Gen.
Thanks

More than likely its false knock, BUT what kinda fuel you running, how much boost, is the cat still in or did you go back to the Testpipe???

Phil

test pipes on, and I was running some Xylene with 92. Other then som knock the cars running great. Even ran with a TT supra he wouldn't go from a Dead Dig but I could still hang after he got the initial jump because of his 6 speed.

not yet. I was wodering if that agressive street chip would be for more boost. Could you make it for more so it will still be safe. thanks. O yeah did you geet you plate.

You can adjust the boost witht he wastegate rod, more can be added witht he chip but you still have to fine tune it with the rod.
The new chip will have mostly more timing.

DID you get your PM????

Yes I got the plate yesterday, thanks.

Back