Fan belt for TTA

Nicksturbo

This was posted a few weeks ago. Does any body have a good number for this belt? I went to Naper for a belt they gave me #060640 it says the belt is 641/2 in. someone said we need 63in. this number is also for GN, so I don't think it is any good for our cars.
Thanks, Nick

i got a gates belt that was 1614mm it works fin on the tta actualy was tight to put on the belt from the factory is 1603 i could not see being able to get that one on so if napa only has in inchs then convert it from mm to in i think the formula is 1inch is 24.4mm

later george

I picked up a Goodyear Gatorback belt for mine in the stock length about a month ago... no problems here. I don't remember what the size is exactly, but it was a dead match for the original which I removed.

I'll look in my mighty folder-o-receipts when I get home, I'm at work at the moment.

No problems with the tensioner hitting the A/C clutch, either.

OK... found my invoice. It shows: Goodyear Gatorback fan belt, p/n 4060635. Works great, and no problems with the tensioner hitting the A/C clutch. Cost was $21.59.

I bought it from a small local mom-n-pop type auto store here in town... my favorite place to go. They actually know about cars, rather than simply knowing how to use the computer at the parts counter :rolleyes:

Any shop that stocks or can order Goodyear belts should be able to get one for you. The p/n I gave you is the Goodyear #, not a stock number at the store. If you can't find one local, Summit Racing stocks them for $21.69. It's a 63.5" belt.

Fan Belt

Went to Auto Zone,Gave them# 4060635 Goodyear, they cross Ref. with Kelly springfeild, lent is 63.5 paid 10.97.
Thanks for all the help, GOKOU
Nick

beware!

The 63.5 belt is a GN's length. The length is usually in the part #. K60635 is a 6 rib, 63.5 inch belt. The GN belts work good for a while but on mine after a few months it stretched out and the tensioner was hitting the A/C pully. You can tell by a light line scribed into it. I went through hell trying to get the correct belt. All I'm saying is keep an eye on it. The TTA belt was discontinued but it was 63.1 inches. Makes a difference on some cars.

Ken TTA#1426

Re: beware!

Originally posted by Pace 1989
The 63.5 belt is a GN's length. The length is usually in the part #. K60635 is a 6 rib, 63.5 inch belt. The GN belts work good for a while but on mine after a few months it stretched out and the tensioner was hitting the A/C pully. You can tell by a light line scribed into it. I went through hell trying to get the correct belt. All I'm saying is keep an eye on it. The TTA belt was discontinued but it was 63.1 inches. Makes a difference on some cars.

Ken TTA#1426

Hmmmm... guess I'll have to keep my eye on it. My tensioner isn't hitting the A/C pulley-- it actually has quite a bit of room. I had no idea. Amazing the things you learn in the first month you own a car :p

Aren't there 2 revisions of the TTA tensioner? One long (original but changed mid-production because of A/C pulley clearance) and one shorter one? Do both revisions use the same fan belt?

Fan belt

The belt that I got from Napa, was for Gn an TTA and it was 64.5.
So the belt that I have now is the same size belt as Gokou 63.5 The part # of the belt that I got from Napa is 060640. And they double check it.
Nick