You can type here any text you want

Fast B-b Question??

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

BEATBY6

How fast can a BB go??What is the reccomended ET or HP level to upgrade to a SFI system???TIA

We don't recommend a system based on power level. I have seen bank to bank systems work flawlessly in 1200 hp applications and still have great drivability. It depends on your situation.

Sequential systems offer much better control of the injectors at smaller pulsewidths typically seen during idle and cruising. They also allow the option of individual cylinder tuning.

If you'd like to post a little about your combo you can probably get a bit more feedback on what's best for you. A B2B system really is capable of doing a great job in most situations.

Also, on a V6, some of the advanges of a SEFI aren't as apparent. The thing that makes SEFI work better than B2B at smaller pulsewidths is that with SEFI units, each injector only fires once per combustion cycle instead of twice as B2B units do. This means that SEFI units only spend half the time opening and closing the injector, which allows for much more precise control. On a V6, though, even a B2B unit only fires the injectors once per combustion cycle.

Thanks Craig,

My combo is 400CI ROCKET BLOCK SBC-BRODIX 18X HEADS,HOGANS INTAKE,105MM TB,5 STAGE BARNES,JESSEL BELT AND DIST,CUSTOM DUTTWEILER SOILD ROLLER CAM,DAWSON SS HEADERS,T-70 4BOLT TURBOS,160LB INJ.
TURBO 400 TRANS,AEROMOTIVE BELT DRIVE FUEL PUMP,
LARGE CUSTOM A-A I/C,THIS IN A 10.5 TIRE 3300 LB GN.
ALSO IF I UPDATE TO SFI WHAT PICKUP WILL WORK WITH
THE JESSEL BELT DIST.THANKS FOR THE HELP...

Hey beatby6,

Its the guy from hawaii....your right this message board is full of info...thanks for telling me about it....take care:cool:

For your setup I would recommend a SEFI system. If you haven't bought it yet I know of a shop in eastern PA that could definetly help you out, Berrel Auto 215-659-8549. I saw a 400+ ci small block Camaro with 18 deg. heads and a single 106mm turbo at their shop a couple of times. This car had a FAST system that they sold him and were helping with a bit of the tuning. I believe the car went in the 7's @ about 180mph at 10 psi in Florida.

Back