You can type here any text you want

FAST B2B- Not reading wideband sensor all of a sudden???

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

callmeebryan

:mad: :mad: Well i went to go out today to tune my car for this awesome cold NJ weather. Opened up the laptop and plugged the FAST in. Ignition to the on position, loaded my most recent MAP. Started the car. Idled like normal.

Then i was doing the normal look over of all the sensors in the FAST and noticed that my Actual AFR was 0.00. :eek: So i shut the car off and went and checked the O2 plug. Everything seemed normal. I even followed the line inside the car to make sure it didnt get freyed or anything. Went to start it back up again, this time it read 14.44 and didnt move at all, like it was frozen there. So i restarted my laptop thinking maybe the connection to my pc was bad. Nothing....

Anyone know why this could be?

I will say that i just finished wiring up my Alky kit, but nothing with that wiring connects to the FAST's Wideband. I did splice the "B" wire on the map sensor for the alky boost trigger, thats the only thing that i touched related to the FAST.

Is the lambda symbol still there in C-Com? It sounds like the ECU isn't seeing the wideband at all.

Ill have the car with ignition in the ON position. The Wideband and Lamba will be at 0.00. I have my laptop with me near the engine bay. Ill unplug the Wideband then plug it back in, then the AFR will go to 14.44 and lambda to about 0.98.

No, the lambda in the bottom right isnt lit up which tells me theres no signal. I just want to know why!!!

FAST suggested me to send out the ECu and the Wideband to let them have a look at it so im just going to pull the ecu out and do that.

:(

It likely isn't the box. Don't send it in just yet!

In order for the wideband symbol to appear, the ECU has to see the calibration resistor inside the gray NTK connector. Check those pins, and follow those wires back to the ECU.

If that box gets plugged in on a bench I am sure it will work just fine. You have a connection that has failed somehow.

Back