You can type here any text you want

FAST B2B to SEFI now won't start...

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Spud

Just as the title implies, I recently had my FAST ECU switched to SEFI and just plugged it in and now it just cranks and won't fire. I loaded on the last .gct file I had when it was B2B and the ECU params have been set to enable ICC and SEFI. (Nothing on the car was changed while I waited for the return of the ECU.)

I now have the OEM 4.6 Cobra cam sensor wired up and it's set up to run with the OEM EDIS Ford module. Both the wires to the cam and crank are the correct polarity (+ -), but I could switch the polarity to see if that makes it fire? I did re-wire the crank sensor polarity because it looked as though I had the FAST positive to the OEM neg and vice versa.

When I got the ECU back from FAST I just loaded up my last .gct file from when it was B2B and erased whatever was on there from FAST as far as a .gct file goes, but that shouldn't keep it from firing... I should have just saved what was on there, but it looked wayyy different as far as the VE table etc., and so I figured it was something completely different they had for bench testing it. The way I understand it, the SEFI and the B2B .gct files should be compatible...

Any suggestions?

You should be able to run your current program. Are you getting a crank signal into the ecu?

You should be able to run your current program. Are you getting a crank signal into the ecu?

Thanks for the reply. I'm going to look at that tomorrow. I did re-wire the crank trigger because I thought I had the polarity reversed before when it was B2B, but I'm thinking I must not have because it seemed to run fine then except for the passenger side bank being leaner than driver's side... I'm charging the battery up tonight as it was on it's last couple cranks and will post what I find tomorrow.

I should be able to see the crank signal as well as the cam signal if they're wired correctly. If the polarity is wrong, will that cause a no signal scenario?

In checking it today, I was not getting a signal from the crank, or it was wrong, and so I changed polarity to the crank sensor and whammo it fired up. The best news was the imbalance in the AFR now seems to be a thing of the past. When it was B2B the driver's side ran 1-2 full points richer than the passenger side, and I have been through virtually everything to troubleshoot it. The only thing I thought might remedy it was if I went an extra step and upgraded to SEFI, and while I was at it had the ICC enabled. Didn't have to touch the ICC and firing it up with my old .gct file it idled great and the AFR matched left to right for the first time.

I suppose because this is a 4 cam engine, that SEFI is almost mandatory if you're expecting to get the AFR balanced? Makes sense I suppose because in degreeing the cams, if you're off even 2 degrees on one of the four cams, it can throw things outta whack, especially when pulling more than the stock 320 crank HP. The ICC will come into play later on when I'm fine tuning it more by individual EGT's. The only problem then will be how to effectively log the individual EGT's..?

Thanks for your help...:) Spud happy now, car run gooood!!!

Back