You can type here any text you want

FAST cold start idle

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TD2593

Grumpy
I need help adjusting my FAST cold start idle. Ive got the hot idle working OK, but the motor seems very fat and surges and dies when first starting the motor unless baby sitting the throttle. I am not running an IAC. The motor is a 397 inch twin T-76's Olds SB. It is sequential the cam is synced in at 80 BTDC compression stroke. I got a tune from Harry Hruska it was close but needs something so the thing will start and run when cold without holding the throttle. Injectors are 160's TB is Holley 95 mm. Its sorta odd set up the plenum volume is rather large due to the IC sitting directly on top the sheet metal manifold due to space constaints. I dont know if the excessive plenum will cause it to be more difficult or not. The fuel pump is the Aeromotive belt driven unit, primes super easy and hold rock steady PSI with the weldon regulator. Any tuning ( even hot idle or wot ) help is greatly apreciated . Thanks Russell

best thing to do is watch your dashbaord (onth Laptop) when you first start the car and see what the O2 is reading if it seems to rich go to the temp correction table (coolant temp) and adjust accordingly, its pretty much that easy
Otto

Any reason your cam is synced at 80BTDC. Do you mean your crank trigger. (Just a side ?) Go into your After Start Fuel Vs. CTS if a car is smoking black on start up, try bringing your % enrichment down. Ususally this is set somewhere around 40% more when cold. Once your engine is warmed and running, go into your Dashboard and check your BPW (ms) set this around 50% less in the cranking Fuel table. This should get you close.

Thanks guys, but yes the cam is synced in at 80 BTDC. Thats where I was told to put it by Youngs performance. Should it be elsewhere ? The crank trigger is at 50 BTDC and the distributor is phased in at 28 BTDC. I went in this morning and adjusted the after start fuel vs CTS and got somewhat better but still needs work.

Back