You can type here any text you want

FAST cranking question: Fuel and Spark advance

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

carbuff

Ok guys... Need some help (again!).

I'm having a really hard time getting my engine to start when cold or warm. So, I obviously need to adjust something, just not exactly sure what...

The symptom is the motor spins and spins, coughs and tries to start (ie: starts somewhat firing and rpms increase, then will slow down again). I don't smell an abundance of gas, but it's possible it's throwing too much at it.

Can anyone out there give me a ballpark idea of what values they have in their Cranking Fuel vs. Coolant temp tables are? I have a 377ci SBC, so anything close to that would be great. I'm pretty certain that the program I started with (the DOS demo one) has something around 19mS at the coldest point, and slowly works downward from there.

Second question is about timing advance during cranking. Unless I totally missed something, there appears to be no spark table specific to the cranking. So, does the FAST system use the value in the 0 rpm column of the spark table to compute starting spark advance? If so, should I set those fairly low to get the motor started? I think I have 18 degrees in that entire column at the moment... Too much, perhaps?

Thanx for any advice/insight! Once I get this solved, maybe I'll solve my idle problem! ;-)

Bryan

I responded to this post for you on the Chevytalk board... take a look and hopefully you'll be working OK soon!

Back