You can type here any text you want

FAST: FORD Setup. No Spark. Again....

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Mikes88Stang

I am looking for a little help with my FAST (again). Seems I have no spark (again). I was orig told to run the points trigger off the factory TFI to my Crane ignition. This just did not work. So, I ran it off the withe points trigger on my FAST harness. and WALAA! Spark! I was so happy. This was a while ago and I have just returned to working on the car only to find no spark. The points output on the FAST is not switching at all. The FAST is getting an RPM signal. I can see while cranking. I must be missing something simple or my FAST died (?? Doubt it, as I havent even got the car running yet!). Any ideas are welcome. Thanks!

"burnt output IC on the board and have no ouput EST now. If your ECU has a tach output that is different then your points output, try it... "

This was suggested by another forum member. Think this is possible? Pulling the box is going to be a royal PITA. :eek:

Spoke to Lance @ FAST (sorry for the cell phone connection :D ). He said I should be pulling the points trigger from the TFI harness. I have tried this without any luck before. I am going now and running a new wire for this. If I still have nothing I will swap the TFI. Will post results.

ITS ALIVE! Muhahahah! :D :cool:

Thank you so much everyone who posted help here on the forum. Along with everyone at PTE and Lance @ FAST, the car started last night. I was checking contunity in my TFI harness only to find that I had an intermitten connection. Played with the connector and rechecked. Hooked everything back up and it started! YES!

Back