You can type here any text you want

FAST help.... start and run

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Toma

Had a AIS equipped car today on the dyno with which I had more trouble getting to run then the other non AIS ones I have done.

YOu crank the key, it would start for a second, then die. If you tapped the gas pedal twice though just a millisecond after the start, it would stay running, and idled very smooth.

I tried everything I could think of, every table, increasing startup AIS, cranking fuel etc.... could not get it to stay running without tapping the gas pedal. Had P &D calues icnreased to 60 and 12...nothin.

I went into global parameters, and increase the "time to run" (or whatever it is called) rpm to 500 (was at 300), and it seemed to do the trick once or twice, then same deal as before. Customer was in a hurry, so we dialed in everything else.....

Any suggestions?

86 vette. Wide band option, mild 355 motor.

Thanks,
Toma

Maybe it's too early in the morning, but I can't think of what AIS is.

Anyhow, I like to set the IAC motor positoin during starting to just a bit higher than where it would idle at that same temperature. In other words if you start up cold and the IAC jumps to 60, I would set the IAC during starting to about 60 or 65. That way the idle air control motor is already close to wherever it has to be to keep the motor running, but won't make the motor rev too high either.

-Bob Cunningham

Ahhh, sorry. Idle/air solenoid, air/idle solenoid....whatever. Seems to be called something different on every car ;) ;)

Thanks though, I will try that....Maybe I was trying too high on the start position....

Back