You can type here any text you want

Fast is up and running so now what?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

rtviper

I can read my motors important data and record some of it but then what? I have read so much info on EFI Tunning. What VE ,map , tps , o2 correction etc etc are but no where in my Fast information does it tell us what to do to the Fast unit, to make changes or what values are better then others. I read all my cell values but is there a manual I should have that says now do this to make changes to your program? The people in this room have given me all the answers so far to get the Fast running but where are the directions? I am confused. Was I supposed to be used to EFI and how to tune with a laptop before I bought the system? I am not a computer whizz either but at least they have some directions to follow to be able to use it My supplier sent me a program to load that idles with a 9.19 afr and someone from this room sent me one that idles at 14.7 afr. I can tell by the smell which is better and what I have read. Where are the directions that tell me here is how you change the numbers like 9.19 afr? Sorry to rant but its been 3 days of work to get to this point

make sure your not in closed loop at an idle,and play with the VE numbers till it idles good,most cars idle in the 12.5-13.5 area some idle good leaner,some fatter.9.19 is way to rich and the limit of the limit of the 02 sensor.cruise a/f will be around 13.0 or so, you will find if you try to run lean cruising(for better mileage) the car may run hot,It will run cooler if its cruises fatter

HOpe this helps,if not give me a call and i can help over the phone

Can you post a little about your set-up?

If your engine is mild you should be able to idle at a leaner setting than 13.0. 14.0 would be better. Your cruise can be in the same area. Which means any area that you are not loading the engine.... steady throttle.

I know the poster above is for more knowledgable than I am but I disagree with him on the engine running hot. Factory engines run 14.7 cruise all day long. If yours is a street car your should strive to get your engine as efficient as you can.

To make A/F changes look for the A/F ratio table. The VE table is to get your 02 correction close to your A/F ratio setting. You can make changes forever in the VE table and not make any headway.

Look for the A/F correction limit table and give the 02 plenty room to richen the mixture but limit how much fuel it takes out until you understand better. Better safe than sorry.

Keep posting on here. Allot of these guys tune cars and have fast race cars. Just remember that a race car tune and a street car tune is sometimes way different. Most race cars do not car about mileage and some do not run an IAC.

I agree you can run a/f that lean on cruise and it will work without a problem,But you will find you car will run cooler a bit richer,ANd if your in hot climates a little extra cruise fuel and lower temps are better than running to hot,I try tokeep my car running under 180 at all times,If i lean it out it will run between 190-200,Not overheating,I just like a cooler running engine.

Thanks for the help. The vendor I bought the system from will give me any help I need also but I seem to need questions answered on the weekends when most vendors are closed. This is a stage II motor and used very little on the street. When the bubble is moving around the VE tables and the o2 doesnt show any corrections does that mean the settings are correct? I also noticed when I hold the rpms higher then idle I get some missing that I never noticed with the modded ECM. Is that an indication of the a/f being incorrect? At this point I am just adjusting the VE tables while the car is not being driven. If you set the numbers in the VE tables to where the car runs good what happens when you take it to the street? Will the load of street driving make all the VE settings inacurate?

The vendor I bought the system from will give me any help I need also but I seem to need questions answered on the weekends when most vendors are closed.

1. Duane, give me a call at the shop this morning, I'll be in. Gonna try to work on my car for a change today....

This is a stage II motor and used very little on the street. When the bubble is moving around the VE tables and the o2 doesnt show any corrections does that mean the settings are correct?

2. when no change is shown, most likely you are in open loop and may or may not need correction at the lower RPM's

I also noticed when I hold the rpms higher then idle I get some missing that I never noticed with the modded ECM. Is that an indication of the a/f being incorrect?

3. good possibility it is lean in that area, look at the a\f, what RPM would that be at and does it show correction?

At this point I am just adjusting the VE tables while the car is not being driven. If you set the numbers in the VE tables to where the car runs good what happens when you take it to the street? Will the load of street driving make all the VE settings inacurate?

4. not necessarily, you will be drawing off different blocks with the change in vacumn and boost. Give me a call this morning, I can spend a little time gong into a little more detail. Looks like you are doing good at this point. :cool:

Back