You can type here any text you want

FAST laptop requirement?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

aquickv6

What processor on the laptop is required to run the new F.A.S.T system? PII, PIII, memory, etc. Would the same laptop run Direct Scan for another car? (not at the same time, obviously)

Here is a link to F.A.S.T.'s web site and requirements

http://fuelairspark.com/Technical/EFIsystems/Default.asp

You might do a search on this BB on the direct Scan to see what is required.

The FAST system that is current is C-Com WP this is a Windows base program. The Direct Scan is a Dos base program. So I guess if you want to use Windows XP you will have to split your hard drive to use Direct Scan or use an older operatiing system. There may be other ways to make Direct Scan work on the XP system but I don't know them.

Good Luck and Happy New Year

Do you still need a scan tool when using the FAST system? or will it monitor everything that the Direct Scan will?

A laptop is required to tune the FAST, so that will replace the DirectScan interface entirely. All data will be provided through C-Com.

-Bob Cunningham

Thanks Bob. Trying to decide whether to upgrade now to FAST or wait until Stage II is finished (could be two years) I would have to purchase ME-R or similar for now. Currently running a 109 motor in the mid to high 10's. Thanks again.

Back