fast logging results ?

rtviper

My car will only run with starter fluid sprayed into t/b. Stop spraying car dies. I logged while it was running at an idle. Here are the numbers
rpm: 1100
target a/f: 13.6
actual a/f: 11.31
battery: 13.7
map: -8.8 (thats a minus)
tps: 10%
msp(kpa) 39
spark: 28.5
o2 correction 0.0
inj. dc: 1.6%

does that give any indication of whats wrong? fule pressure is only 28lbs guage while cranking and running
Thanks

My car will only run with starter fluid sprayed into t/b. Stop spraying car dies. I logged while it was running at an idle. Here are the numbers
rpm: 1100
target a/f: 13.6
actual a/f: 11.31
battery: 13.7
map: -8.8 (thats a minus)
tps: 10%
msp(kpa) 39
spark: 28.5
o2 correction 0.0
inj. dc: 1.6%

does that give any indication of whats wrong? fule pressure is only 28lbs guage while cranking and running
Thanks

1. Why's the fuel pressure so low!!! :eek:
2. Have you done any work to the car lately. Sounds like a massive vacuum leak, like maybe a hose didn't get clamped properly.

do you have dual pumps you could try runnin goff the 2nd one with a 12v feed, or can you feed your fuel pump 12v to see if thats the problem

Your fuel pressure needs to be at 45psi min. What injector size? and are they ID in the FAST the same ? Sounds like a fuel pump or regulator problem, a vac. leak would not decrease fuel pressure.

What size cam is in this car? The vacuum readings show to me that the vacuum is very high. Translate that it comes to about 18" vacuum. This is bring downd your fuel pressure on the regualtor. But the fuel pressure while cranking should be 43-44 psi and idle hose off on regulator. Fix that first.
Whats the injector pulsewidth while cranking? MIne is over 10ms on a cold engine as example. Need more data still.:confused:

Thanks I will try to activate the second pump in the RA double pumper. The car just sat for the winter and now I am trying to get it running. The fuel pressure will only go up to 28 lbs when I turn on ignition key. The pressure stays at 28 lbs for long time after I turn ignition off, so thats a good sign. The cam isnt very big a solid roller 212/212.
Will the fast unit tell me the pulsewidth? The injectors are 83s They are in the fast program as 83s

Pinch off the return line and fuel pressure should go over 100psi if not it is a fuel pump problem, If it does than you have a regulator problem. Forget everything else and fix the fuel pressure problem first and than see if you have any other problems.

My car did the same thing. It was a plugged fuel return line. It was plugged at the joint between the hard line and rubber.
Mart

If the fuel line was pinched wouldnt the pressure go very high? .Mine will not go over 28 lbs and will hold the pressure for hours. Shouldnt the car start and then die if the return line was blocked?

Try raising your fuel pressure to 43# with the regulator or pinch the return to see if the pressure comes up. You need more fuel pressure.

If it doesn't get any higher you have a pump or line problem. It's not unusual for the rubber lines in the tank to become loose on the pump or hanger over time. Filter could be plugged, bad pump etc.