You can type here any text you want

Fast Question - Weather Conditions

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

CPAKCP

How does changes in weather conditions effect a FAST program?
By adjusting to a set A/F ratio, are elements such as heat and humidity controlled?

I have a good set of custom chips, but get tired of fighting bad weather conditions.

Thanks for the input in advance

Well....... it depends on 'whether':D you have the wide band 02 or not. If so, then the 02 will make corrections to keep it at the target A/F irregardless, within your set limits. It will, however, make bigger adjustments. If you have the newer firmware, then it has adjustments for air temp. that you can set to help minimize the swings. I set mine to add 2% at the cooler air temps only. Over 60* and it's set for '0' added fuel.

I have read here that you want to set your VE to make minimal adjustments, around 2%. I drive mine on the street and find that alittle difficult to do. I feel 5% - + is closer to my norm. Some days it's right on the money, others, it's alittle off. I contribute that to weather conditions.

Nothing in the ECU will detect and account for humidity, bu air temp would be accounted for in speed/density mode. It should track fairly well as the weather changes.

The closed loop capability would certainly keep all your bases covered.

Back