You can type here any text you want

Fast revision question

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Larry

My Fast sys is 2 1/2 years old. I was just getting onto it 1 1/2 years ago. My cars been silent since May 02 waiting for the T/A block. Once I have it-will I find my sys is out dated? Is there and up date or revision I can add to my exsisting sys. I ask, because-I went to Buick day in Norwalk, Ohio and met this guy with a new version. He displayed 3 maps on one screen- nice. LArry

The ECM is essentially the same.

There is new Windows software available for C-Com, and you can get an external datalogger, but those are really the only changes. The windows version will allow you to display several tables simultaneously, but if you display more than 12 (?) parameters the communication will bog things down. You should be able to get this from your dealer, going price is $25.

Rumors abound about a new unit, however none has been put to market yet. Keep an eye open in the next few months. Even if a new one comes out, I doubt yours will be "obsoleted". Rumored features are for some more outputs- maybe to control things like TCC or extra nitrous stages or some other extra doodads (shift light? A/C? Accelerometer?), the whole story has not yet been revealed, but yours will still work just fine.

-Bob Cunningham
bobc@gnttype.org

If you have an old Felpro unit ...there is a firmware upgrade. You

will have to send your unit back to the dealer for this upgrade. As

far as the software it is available at fuelairspark.com . This was

about $50

john
Miss T
:cool:

" Firmware" is the code that the motherboard uses to interpret

the data that is being sent to it.....This is the code which is burned

into the "E-prom".......There can also be a circuit board swap.

This was done to "upgrade" my Felpro to Fast since my unit was a

couple of years old......Unit works great...

John
Miss T

:cool:

Hey John,
What different or why you upgrade your Fel-Pro to FAST? Just curious because I have the old Fel-Pro unit. Thanks, Robert

Hey Robert,

They are the same unit. My unit had a problem following a/f ratio.

It was kind of slow tracking in closed loop. So I sent it in and they

performed a "firmware" upgrade. They also change the sticker on

the case from "Felpro" to "Fast"

John
MissT:cool:

Back