You can type here any text you want

FAST startup issue

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Jeff Rand

I have a bank to bank FAST and when I first start the car it stumbles for about 20-30 sec. then it smooths out and idles fine. This occurs all the time but is worse when it is cold. I have been making adjustments to the cranking fuel and after start enrichment but does not help. Any suggestions
Thanks,
Jeff

Watch the a/f on the dashboard and see what it says,You may need to add more fuel in the coolant temp correction table

You may also need to plays with the after start revs and decay rates.Read hte help files on these it explain a bit more wha each one does

Otto,
It appears to be rich at startup. I have started tweaking the areas you suggested and it seems to be better.
Thanks,
Jeff

whats the cold startup a/f ratio?

Originally posted by norbs
whats the cold startup a/f ratio?
It is slightly below 10:1.
I can't seem to lean it out when it first starts up.
Thanks,
Jeff

Take fuel out in the afterstart table at the temperature that your starting the car, but save your orginal file as if you go to far it will stall when cold:)

Originally posted by norbs
Take fuel out in the afterstart table at the temperature that your starting the car, but save your orginal file as if you go to far it will stall when cold:)

I started to remove fuel out of the afterstart table and it is starting to make a difference in the a/f numbers.
Jeff

I would say 12.5-9 is good if it doesnt stall?JUst remember the a/f in neutral may not be the same as in gear that you get under load.

Back