You can type here any text you want

FAST system changing settings on it own!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

elcato

We have an LS1 with an ironblock 410 cubic inch motor. The motor is hard to start and I think we know what is causing that problem thanks to your expert posts in this forum. Another problem is it seems to change settings after we get it running with what we want in the ECU. Has anyone heard of this happening???
Thanks for any help/comments on this.....
ELCato:(

I have heard of this before, but it was years ago(maybe 10), and I think it was a DFI. It turns out, the laptop had a virus. Worth checking.

FAST changes??

Do a search and you will see we've been discussing this just this week.
Several posts answering ??'s that have been posed..

Sent the ECU back to Fast to get it checked

Well I sent it all back to have it checked out just to make sure. I guess I will know in a few days if it had a problem or not.....

Anyone having any problems with idle vs coolant temp settings? I am having spikes up or down starting at 180*. I have just noticed that my temp graph across the bottom has reversed the scale. It has the low temp at the right side and a high at the left side. Also the range of temp is way off, like 1600* at the left side of the scale. This is the second time I have seen this. I uninstalled and installed a different version but now this one is doing it too.

I guess I need to try a different [faster] computer. I want to use the C-COM WP but I seem to be having trouble. Maybe my 133 thinkpad is the problem.

Temp/idle??

I just checked my system for the error. Seems to be OK. I am using a Winbook w/ Windows 98SE on it. The system is a Pentium 2.

Could be the older system is the problem.....
We also use a new SONY Vaio, with P4 speed and XP on it.. no problems ..[yet:D ]

Re: Sent the ECU back to Fast to get it checked

Elcato,
Since your running an LS1 do you still have the LS1 Coils with the F.A.S.T edist box?
If you do I was wondering if you have gone through any coils?
If you have How many coils have you replaced, and is it the same cylinder?

Rob

coils

We actually ruined two coils. At this time we are upgrading to
the 6.0 liter coils p/n d585 . It kills those LS1 coils I guess.
No MSD coils made for this system. We blew out the computer trying MSD coils...which they said would work....
ELCato

Well I just blew my first coil and a friend of mine blew 2 coils.
I think there is something wrong with the edist box, and F.A.S.T. isn't saying anything or admitting it either.

All I did was put 500 miles on my car and strap it to the dyno and 3 pulls @ 6200 later I lost a coil and was down 60+hp.

My firends car same situation he'll drive it and get on it and rev it up and blow a coil.
I have heard from other people that this is happening to them.

I think that a distributor is going to fix it, I just hate to have to put one in.

Rob

P.S let me know how the 6.0 liter coils work out.

LS1 coils

Originally posted by Red Supra
I'm running an edist with ls1 coils. No problems here.

What kind of setup do you have? Are you running high compression? Are you spraying nitrous??? Solid roller???
Thanks for the reply it will help us find our problem. Good to know someone is using that setup and it is working....
Elcato:)

I'd like to also know what type of setup you have.
I didn't have any problems either untill recently, but my friend has had problems for a while. Now I'm having problems, and am seeing other having problems.

LS1

Originally posted by 96Z28SS
I'd like to also know what type of setup you have.
I didn't have any problems either untill recently, but my friend has had problems for a while. Now I'm having problems, and am seeing other having problems.

We have an Iron block 408 cu in
CP pistons 13.5 to 1 compression
Stage #3 heads
sheetmetal intake
Comp Cam, Solid Roller, .710 lift intake
F.A.S.T. system
Fuel from electric pump (up to 1000hp) Fuel Cell
Fuel for Nitrous (another electric fuel pump 1000hp) Fuel Cell
Dedenbear power glide
12 bolt GM 4.10 gear
4800 stall Yank converter
Electric vacuum pump
Aluminum radiator w/built in electric water pump...

2000 TransAm Formula with 10 point cage and parachute.

I will have new coil packs by Tuesday of next week. We go to the dyno soon after that......

:) :)

Back