You can type here any text you want

Fast Times on MT Drag Radial 235/60/15

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

HyperV6

I'm just wondering how fast anyone has run on a Mickey Thompson Drag Radial - 235/60/15? I was wanting to put a set of these on my car which runs 12.30's. I'm hoping to get it into the high 11's this year. My car hooks pretty good with a set of MT Sportsman Pro's to get me in the 1.7's at the track.

Any real 1/4 miles times would be helpful.

Thanks, Craig

M/T drag radials have been into the 8s (though I can't recall what size tire it was)....

Your 11.xx goal is well within the tire's capability.

a taller tire like a 255/60/15 m/t drs might be better it would put you in a better RPM needed. But I seen some guys here run the 235 tire as well. I am sure someone here will chime in. I am sure either tire would get you the traction needed to get in the 11s

a taller tire like a 255/60/15 m/t drs might be better it would put you in a better RPM needed.

+1

255's would make it much easier than 235's.

My car barely cracked 11.9's with 275/50's, but when I switched to 60's I was getting thrown off the track every time I went.

M/T drag radials have been into the 8s (though I can't recall what size tire it was)....

Your 11.xx goal is well within the tire's capability.

Acutally the M/T DRs have been into the mid 7's!:eek: A few guys have run 7.80's on the 275/60/15s in the PSCA Wild Street class.

The 255/60/15s would definitely be my choice for an 11 sec car.

I personally went an 11.02 @ 122 with them.I also went a 1.49 sixty foot with them.Average is mid to low 1.5 sixties.
After running slicks and ET streets for years i'll never switch back from radials.
I wish i could fit a 28 inch tall tire on my car,my car would be going high tens and 128 mph easily.

I'm switching from 3:55 to 3:23 gears for this season.

video for proof

http://www.knights-rule.com/cgi/gallery/d/10364-1/vegathmps07.wmv

I have a bunch of 11.90's with best of 11.88 with frequent 1.6-1.7 60 's. leaving on 10# with the ebrake. When I buy the next set I will look for 255's. I did hear they may not make 255"s any longer. Not sure though.

These are fantastic tires!

see sig for mods.

Here's what the mighty 235's look like...LOL :o :rolleyes:

They were on my car when I bought it. At the time 255's weren't made yet and the car is so low that's what fits. They work for me,but look funny I think.

Attachments

• My T 006.jpg
    My T 006.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 645
Any reason why you want the 235 vs 255 or 275??

There are some stock rim guys running 275/60 so unless your rims have a messed up backspacing I wouldn't even bother running a 255.

If your not set on purchasing the 235/60s I would recommend the 255/60 R15 MT Radials. Great street / strip tire and they fit the wheel well perfectly. I went 10.89 on these tires with way more left in it.

275's on a stock rim here... no rubbing. They hook awesome.
Bryan

Thanks for all the replys and info. I don't have to have the 235's. I was just trying to get some info on which to buy since I want to put them on stock T-wheels. I also kinda like the stealthy approach of smaller less noticeable tires. Thanks again, Craig

I spoke with MT 's customer service as I run the 235 60 15's. And they said that size tire has been over 200mph through the 1/4.
That sums it up

Thanks for all the replys and info. I don't have to have the 235's. I was just trying to get some info on which to buy since I want to put them on stock T-wheels. I also kinda like the stealthy approach of smaller less noticeable tires. Thanks again, Craig

275/60's will fit fine on T wheels. They will rub the frame a little more on GN Wheels, but for hooking with T-wheels, 275/60's is the best choice.

275/60/15's here...see times below. The 28" tall tires will give you less RPM out the back door and most cars see a few MPH increase as a result of the increased diameter.

I have the 27" tall 255/60/15's on t-type wheels now and love them. Was going to get the 275/60/15 but was worried about rubbing issues and wanted to use stock wheels with no hassle so did the 255's. They fit with room, no issues at all and still haven't had any traction issues on the street, but only running 20 psi now.

I spoke with MT 's customer service as I run the 235 60 15's. And they said that size tire has been over 200mph through the 1/4.
That sums it up

I pull the BS flag :eek: Not to say that cars havent gone 200 MPH on drag radiuals.. but no way with an itty bitty 235 60 15 "8 inch" tire.

I'll stand on my soap box until somebody knocks me down :tongue:

Yes.. great 11 and 12 second tire. Hell i'd believe 9's..

Back