You can type here any text you want

Fast Times on MT Drag Radial 235/60/15

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
I pull the BS flag :eek: Not to say that cars havent gone 200 MPH on drag radiuals.. but no way with an itty bitty 235 60 15 "8 inch" tire.

I'll stand on my soap box until somebody knocks me down :tongue:

Yes.. great 11 and 12 second tire. Hell i'd believe 9's..

I second this is BS !!! :rolleyes: Maybe on a oversized MT Drag R it would be possible to do the 200 mph pass, I'd vouch for that, but not the 235/60/15. This is no way possible, even John Force himself couldn't muster 200 mph out of the 235/60/15. Nope sorry. :frown:

I have brand new 275/60 M/T's on my car with no rubbing at all. I tell you what I was disappointed on the way they hook on the street compared to my Nitto's. I thought they were gonna be like slicks. Oh well, I have two friends that both run drag radial Mustangs and have both been the 7's so I know they'll work at the track. Let's hope BG is hooking.

I have gone 11.7 on the 235's. I have also used the 275/60/15 and I prefer the look of the little ones. You also have a better fit on a stock rim.

I pull the BS flag :eek: Not to say that cars havent gone 200 MPH on drag radiuals.. but no way with an itty bitty 235 60 15 "8 inch" tire.

I'll stand on my soap box until somebody knocks me down :tongue:

Yes.. great 11 and 12 second tire. Hell i'd believe 9's..

Maybe they were up front with real slicks out back?

I can't post any 1/4 times but I can tell you I have been running the ET Street radial 235/60/15 for 10 years. They hook awesome at 25 psi and run great on the street. If you can fit the 275 then get those. No point in running a small tire just to say you did it. I personally like the 235 better as it is a little smoother and doesn't seem to be as wobbly as the 275. I had a set of 275's on 8" wide wheels and I did not like it, they had a lot of movement on the balancer even with everything properly balanced. the 235 seemed to be more concentric than the 275. I may have just had a bad set as well but I have heard other guys in the club mention they need a lot of weight to balance. I have 2 sets of the 235's right now, one on car and one new in reserve. If you are doing a lot of drag racing the 275 may be better for you. I don't race on the track and the 235 can hold an almost open launch on the street most of the time so I stick with those. The stick much better than any regular 235.

you guys need to get out more

235's have been just under 160 in the 1/8 ... this same car has been 197 in the 1/4 .... so I guess you guys can call BS on 3 mph !

you guys need to get out more

235's have been just under 160 in the 1/8 ... this same car has been 197 in the 1/4 .... so I guess you guys can call BS on 3 mph !

Yep. Toaster has been using the 235 radial in the 26x8.5 class and has run well into the 4's in the 1/8.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Last fall I went 1.48 60 ft on a 235 radial and rode it to a 7.01 1/8th mile.

You guys are all not only having awesome dreams, but EVERY single one of your tracks in your dreams must have GALLONS AND GALLONS of FRESH VHT applied the second you show up lol. I don't know how you do it but I break 10.5/28 MT slicks loose at anything more than three psi on the brake... :( Dam my car... lol.

You guys are all not only having awesome dreams, but EVERY single one of your tracks in your dreams must have GALLONS AND GALLONS of FRESH VHT applied the second you show up lol. I don't know how you do it but I break 10.5/28 MT slicks loose at anything more than three psi on the brake... :( Dam my car... lol.

If you really think that those times are generated just because of track prep and VHT .. then you've lost sight of why those times are even achievable..
getting a car from A to B isn't just about the tire size or track prep.... sure it helps and nobody disputes that, but there are equal contributors that some guys capitalize on and have influence over.

I know. I'm just frustrated that's all. I know my stuff must not be dialed in but I didn't think that a non-dialed in suspension could still spin huge ass slicks like that. It's weird to me. I know what I have to do though. Anyways, back to the slicks. :)

close friend who i also a member here pulls 1.4 60ft off the transbrake on 275/60 MT drag radials...

Back