fast update (still having problems)

NC87GN

johnny boost
Using T6Tuner and tried a series of things. Used a chip that had Fast Update on it and changed one parameter in T6Tuner to see if it works. Saved it and NO luck. Took the stock chip, without fast update, and typed the Fast Update parameters manually with a Hex editor. No Luck. I have tried a series of things back and fourth with no luck. What am I doing wrong? I have a chip with Fast Update on it, then go into the T6Tuner program to change one parameter and save it, it does not work? My test to determine if it the chip does not work is when SES light flashes quickly when I turn the ignition key but do not start. I know its not the chip because I tried 5 of them. Please help as this is getting frustrating.. :(

Tanx
Mike
mbanas@triad.rr.com

Does T6 recacculate the checksum? If not change I believe its $37A2 to $AA to bypass the checksum check. (Actually, marks the chip experimental) and try it.

Otherwise, if you are adding that code to a chip (Jay C, Extender, mine etc) there is anti-tamper in those chips and will puke when trying to run it.

If the latter is the case, I suggest you DL the stock87.rom from gnttype and start over.

Also have you burned any chips that worked, just wondering if maybe your chip burn is bad? If you figure it out let us know.

Thanks
Chuck

I'm sending you an email with a file attached to re-calculate the checksum. Please call me at 727-856-2733 and I can work with you on it.

Thanks!
-Bob

Thanks for the email Bob,
Just got back from a weeks vac and I will try the file you sent me..
I will try to update my findings so all of us can learn...

Mike Banas
87GN;)

Downloaded the fast update info to add to a stock chip from the bmcomptersource website. Verified and calculated checksum after making changes. Did not work. Tried it again, thinking typo error. No success, SES light blinking rapidly. Does anyone have a .bin file of a stock 87GN chip with fast update that I can make changes to with T6Tuner? I have 2 chips with fast update for 009's. However when I bring them into T6Tuner and make any modification it will not work. Will not work meaning SES engine light blinks rapidly. The software and burner works as I burnt many chips without fast update. Thanks in advance...

Mike Banas